Kutless Review

kutless: Kutless
Released: 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: CCM, Post-Grunge, Alternative CCM
This is a strong debut, and like the Supertones before them Kutless rises above a lot of the bands in this genre.
 8.8
 9.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Kutless Reviewed by: RevelationStorm, on june 30, 2004

Sound: Imagine two hard rock guitars pumped to the max. Imagine a drummer slamming the heads of a hard rock drumset. Imagine a heavy booming bass flowing through your speaker. Imagine vocals reaching out all throughout the song. You've got Kutless' debut album, "Kutless." The sound moves throughout the entire album and reaches out to many people musically. Also introducing a female vocalist as the outro of their album. The sound is definitely the best part about the album. // 10

Lyrics: The band has a powerful message which makes the album for what it is today. This album's lyrics don't concentrate on the fame, or the well-known part of what most rock bands experience. But it focuses on the well-knowing of Jesus Christ. And the lyrics can prove that with great success. Although the lyrics do have downsides, they are still alive and well. "We wanted our name to represent the impact of what Christ did for us on the cross. Christ took our beating and paid the wages of our sin (Romans 6:23). He took our cuts for us, leaving us "Kutless," says the band. Their message focuses on just what the title explains. The lyrics are a good part as well as the music. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall, this is one of the best rock gospel albums on the market. If you're looking for some good music to listen to accompanied by moving lyrics which touch many lives. Then this is the album to get. A great buy and also a great benefit will come out of this. // 8

More Kutless reviews rating latest review
+ It Is Well 9.1 08/20/2010