Sea Of Faces Review

kutless: Sea Of Faces
Released: Feb 24, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: CCM, Post-Grunge, Alternative CCM
This opus is well-written, well-presented, and musically rich throughout.
 Lyrics: 8.5
 9.5
 9.9
Sea Of Faces Reviewed by: RevelationStorm, on june 30, 2004

Sound: As their second album marches its way through the top Christian rock albums on the market, Kutless strikes again with a brilliant, powerful, grunge sound that the fans have come to love. With the hard rock power chords of "Not What You See," to the soft acoustic and piano chords of "Sea Of Faces," Kutless has shown that they have a keen ear for good sound. // 8

Lyrics: While the album focuses on the independent care of Jesus, and how we are cared for by Him each of us individually. The lyrics of the album perfectly conclude their debut, "Kutless." They are one of the most loved hard rock Christian artists out there, and their lyrics touch many fans. // 6

Overall Impression: This album has had great success in the Christian music industry so far, and will continue to rise up in the charts. This is a great buy if you like hard rock, moving lyrics, good vocals, and powerful albums. It is one of the hottest albums on the Christian market right now and will most likely benefit you if purchased. // 6

Sea Of Faces Reviewed by: Almost Acoustic, on august 17, 2005

Sound: The sound on this album is very diverse. Some songs are heavy, while other songs are soft and meallow. There are many annoying CCM artist out today, that do not attract a younger crowd. CCM artist like Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Michael W. Smith are all overplayed artist, and are mainly liked among adults. Kutless is the opposite of this. Actually, I might consider them to be Alternative CCM. Kutless' new album is a very positive, edgy, and solid release. Songs like "Let You In" or "Teason" are brilliant Hard Rock songs, while songs like, "Sea Of Faces" or "All Of The Words" ares soft, with powerful lyrics. So, it is hard to put Kultess in a single genre. I guess Post-Grunge would be fare. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are solid, and mainly reflected on Christ. Kutless is all positive, and the lyrics are very powerful. The most powerful song on the album would probably have to be, "All Of The Words", which is a sweet worship song to God. The lead singer's voice is amazing, his voice can be soft at times, but he also adds in some roaring and screaming. His voice is perfect for this style of music. // 10

Overall Impression: This probably my second favorite Christian rock album. My first choice is hard to beat, 12 Stones' debut album is an awsome Christian rock album. However, Kutless is a great band, and if this CD were lost or stolen, I would get another copy right away. // 10

Sea Of Faces Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 19, 2005

Sound: These guys have an unbelievably good sound. Straight ahead hard rock/post-grunge. Nothing too frilly or exotic. Two guitars, a bass, and drums. It's so simple and yet so beautiful. The production is very sleek and makes it feel like you're listening to a piece of glass. // 10

Lyrics: Kutless' singer is the best in Christian music. Great, clean delivery, while managing to sound grungy at the same time. The lyrics are very uplifting and insightful. // 8

Overall Impression: It's such a great album, I'm not sure what to compare it to. It's definitely a step up from their previous, but in the rest of the genre, this cd really doesn't have an equal. Its straight-ahead, go-with-it approach makes it very appealing. One of the top three christian rock albums of all time, right up there with "Jars Of Clay" and DC Talk's "Jesus Freak." // 10

Sea Of Faces Reviewed by: aquaknight3, on january 04, 2006

Sound: Wow! Awesome sound. I'd like to know what equiptment they use because it sounds really cool. The assortment of the instruments and timing of it all really pulls you into the songs. This is one album that doesnt get old very fast. I've found myself listening to it over and over again, soaking in all I can get from it. // 10

Lyrics: I think the lyrics are probably my favorite thing about this album. They have so much meaning like in "Perspectives," "Passion" and "It's Like Me." Really, all the songs on here would be a great example of the lyrics; those are just some of my favorites. The singers sound great, by the way, it makes the music they create come alive. Each song has an entire story to themselves all in the words; study it long enough and you'll get what I'm saying. // 10

Overall Impression: Where to start. The mood is set in every song before it plays with sometimes just the intro. A lot of these songs I've heard before but when I got the CD, I got to listen to it more closely and got to see the brilliance of it all. Very impressive. As said above, some of my favorites are "Perspectives," "Passion" and "It's Like Me." I also have a taste for "Treason," "Sea Of Faces" and "All The Words." This is a wonderful group with a wonderful album. I'd recommend it. // 10

More Kutless reviews rating latest review
+ It Is Well 9.1 08/20/2010