Filthy Notes For Frozen Hearts Review

4.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Filthy Notes For Frozen Hearts Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 24, 2011

Sound: Gothrock as gothrock should be. A silky deep voice, heavy guitars, good drumming. Even if Lacrimas Profundere (what means literally: tears running) did not reinvent the wheel of dark rock music, they never intended to. This was their last album with the voice of Christoph Scmid, brother of Oliver Nikolas Schmid, still guitarrist of Lacrimas Profundere. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are, as always, of dark nature. If you call your genre "rock 'n sad" you surely should be able to make rock 'n sad music. And yes, Lacrimas Profundere are. Christoph's voice, to stress it once more, fitted the music just perfect. Even though I have to state, that comparsions with Ville (H.I.M.) and Jyrki (69 Eyes) are not wrong. But really, who cares that much, if it works. // 10

Overall Impression: It's gothrock, again. You flip the disc in and from the first tones you know, Lacrimas aren't here to do nice-nice. I love it, because it's diry, it's dark and it's straight. If you like the 69Eyes, or HIM, you should definately give it a try. The best songs in my opinion are "Again it's over" and "Should". Christoph really shows what he can. Overall I have to say "Filthy notes..." is one of the best darkrock albums I've ever heard . // 10

More Lacrimas Profundere reviews rating latest review