Need You Now Review

8.9
 7.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Need You Now Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 10, 2010

Sound: The sophomore album of country super-stars Lady Antebellum looks promising for them. Their sound has stayed the same as the first album, nothing really new. Therefore, it kind've lacked in originality. However, you don't mess with a good thing, and their debut album was a very good thing, so maybe the lack of originality on the album wont hurt them. The exception of originality is Need You Now, which has a really new sound to it, kind've a twangy pop sound. I like it. The album really sounded more country than the last, significantly. I also like that. // 7

Lyrics: Here's my opinions of the individual tracks: 01. Need You Now: it has a kind've cool sound, with the piano melody and the tremelo guitar sounds throughout the song. 8 02. Our Kind of Love: really cool and uplifting. One of the more country-pop mixed songs on the album. 8 03. American Honey: a more country sounding track. Kind've makes me thing of summer. I like the simple violin sounds in it. 9 04. Hello World: a more calm track. Very good song. 8 05. Perfect Day: another summer sounding track, very relaxed. 8 06. Love This Pain: very country theme. The try-to-escape-but-love-you-so-much-i-cant-break-free theme. 7 07. When You Got a Good Thing: not a standout track, but pretty good. Title says it all. 7 08. Stars Tonight: sounds like a relaxed track, but it's actually a sped up fame song. 8 09. If I Knew When: not a Standout, but good. 6 10. Something Bout' A Woman: that's the truth. Good track. 8 11. Ready To Love Again: not a good closing track, you want something sped up to end the album. 6 The group writes most of the songs. There's some good talent there. // 8

Overall Impression: This group is pretty much replacing Rascal Flatts as the top group in country-pop. There's some major potential in them, and I like them. Good album, better than the first. I wish it had been more original with the music, though. That's probably the only flaw. Excellent job, excellent album. Sincerely, Guitarslinger // 8

More Lady Antebellum reviews rating latest review