In A Million Years Review

9.6
 9.2
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
In A Million Years Reviewed by: LucidStrat, on february 15, 2013

Sound: The Last Dinosaurs consist of 4 main members, Sean Caskey (21, lead vocals and guitar), Lachlan Caskey (18, lead guitar), Sam Gethin-Jones (22, bass), and Dan Koyama (21, drums). Last Dinosaurs' sound is extremely feel good and occasionally develops into a trance. The tone is usually tropical and it's demonstrated well in songs like "Andy". It has the use of a guitar effect that sounds somewhat like a steel drum. The actual making of the album was put on their YouTube page and some of the songs have a sentimental background. If you hear a song you like from them and take a look at the work and camaraderie, the band will take special interest to you. The guitar in almost any song is giving to the ear and will entice you to put out a cover or two. The bass always has a neat groove that's worth learning. And as for the drum, it takes a on a casual indie beat that goes just perfect with the song. // 10

Lyrics: Looking at most of the lyrics you can see they obviously have a bigger meaning but in short breaths. What I mean by that, is that there's not a lot to it, but one phrase is beautiful and meaningful. Sean Caskey's (lead singer) voice gently accompanies the music and isn't to loud or soft. It's some thing you can listen to at any time of day. He is always in tune and occasionally sings with the guitar. At a lot of parts of their songs you will easily notice the harmonies at certain lyrics and want to sing it yourself. You'll find their range of sound amazing and your most likely to like at least one song the have. // 10

Overall Impression: Their music is extremely genuine, creative, and especially original. It's hard to find a band that sounds anything like them. I find the most impressive songs to be "Andy", "Honolulu", "I Can't Help You" and "Repair". "Andy" and "Honolulu" happen to be then most happy and enthusiastic of the 4, while "I Can't Help You" and "Repair" are contrary. It's still warm yet the tone is way more harmonic and catchy. I really think you all should take a look at some of their work. No doubt if I lost something of theirs I'd go back for more. I haven't worn out the album after about 50 plays and I'm pretty sure I never will!

// 10