Led Zeppelin Box Set Review

artist: led zeppelin date: 01/05/2006 category: compact discs
led zeppelin: Led Zeppelin Box Set
Released: Sep 1990
Genre: Rock
Styles: Blues-Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Arena Rock, British Metal, British Blues, Album Rock, British Folk-Rock
While the box contains a wealth of brilliant music, all of it is better heard in its original incarnation.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.6
 9.9
 9.3
Led Zeppelin Box Set Reviewed by: theMARSvolta5, on january 05, 2006

Sound: Led Zeppelin is a band that will forever live on in eternity being decribed by many as the greatest band of all time. I agree with this saying that they are defenantly up there as the best bands ever. Led Zeppelin's sound is a heavy, blues based sound that comes through in many songs such as Since I've Been Loving You and What Is and What Should Never Be. The members of the band were influenced by artists such as Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, and Elvis. Zeppelins sound is one of the greatest, Bonham, Page, Plant, and Jones were meant to be. // 10

Lyrics: Robert Plant's voice almost fuses with Page's guitar, it is a match made in heaven. Plant had a very blues based origin so his singing portrays this in many songs. Some of the lyrics themselves have no real meaning but mostly you can tell what a song is basically about. Plant was a master singer. // 9

Overall Impression: This box set is produced by Jimmy Page (the guitarist for Zeppelin) himself who is considered by many, myself included, to be a guitar god. This band knocks every single other band out there out of the water (besides Pink Floyd). I love how Led Zeppelin managed to keep their own unique sound and not care about what liseners reactions would be. Every sigle song on the album is good, no joke. And of this album were stolen I would flip out because I would have to scrape up 70 dollars to buy it again. In short, this is the best box set out there to one of the greatest bands of all times, a must have. // 10

Led Zeppelin Box Set Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 08, 2005

Sound: The sound is great. Led Zeppelin is so totally awesome and it sounds really cool. The music style is a lot like their original stuff except its all really clear which I dont like better then the unclear original versions. This box set is the best, go buy it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are sweet, Robert Plant is the best singer ever in the whole entire world he has such awesome screams and high pitches and great whispers and great moans. The lyrics mean some cool stuff, it's like poetry but with killer rythm. Some songs are about the journey to heaven a lot of songs are about doing drugs and being high and other songs are about love. They all rock. // 10

Overall Impression: The first one compares a lot to their first one song wise and the songs are all like they took them and just made them sound really clear. The best songs are Dazed And Confused, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Stairway To Heaven (alltime greatest classic) and Whole Lotta Love. I love everything about it and I hate nothing about it. If it were stolen I would be very angry and I would probably cry in my room for hours and hours and hours then I would get over it and kick the living crap out of whoever stole it. // 10

More Led Zeppelin reviews rating latest review