The Complete Studio Recordings Review

artist: led zeppelin date: 05/13/2006 category: compact discs
Released: Sep 24, 1993
Genre: Rock
Styles: Blues-Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Arena Rock, British Metal, British Blues, Album Rock, British Folk, Folk-Rock, Rock & Roll, British Folk-Rock
Collecting all of Led Zeppelin's groundbreaking studio albums (as well as a reworked Coda) in one unattractive box, The Complete Studio Recordings is only necessary for hardcore fans wishing to replace their old records.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.7
 9.6
 9.8
The Complete Studio Recordings Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 29, 2005

Sound: This is the single greatest collection of Led Zeppelin songs ever created. Every single of the band's classic songs is included. Also, an additional 4 bonus tracks are available at the end of the album Coda. Each disc is one of the band's albums, all with remastered sound. This box set shows why Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band of all time. Jimmy Page and John Bonham, the greatest to ever play their respective instruments, John Paul Jones, the musical jack-of-all-trades, and Robert Plant, one of if not the greatest vocalist ever, finally have a box set that includes every note that they thought was fit to release to the world. // 10

Lyrics: Robert Plant is a songwriting mastermind. "Stairway To Heaven," "Kashmir," "Dazed And Confused," "In My Time Of Dying," "All My Love," "Achilles Last Stand" and "No Quarter" are a few of the lyrical gems penned by Plant. He seems to have an uncanny ability to write words that complement the music composed by his bandmates. // 10

Overall Impression: I think that this could be the greatest assembly of music ever gathered together. The four bonus tracks are very impressive as well. "Travelling Riverside Blues" was recorded and broadcast over the radio in 1970, and it is included. "White Summer/Black Mountain Side" is an 8 minute live guitar solo from Jimmy Page. "Hey Hey What Can I Do" is the B-Side of "Immigrant Song." This box set is the only thing that contains it. I love everything about it. If it were stolen, I would literally kill who took it from me, and buy another one. // 10

The Complete Studio Recordings Reviewed by: TJM2482, on march 18, 2006

Sound: To put it simply, it's Led Zeppelin. It's one of the best, if not the best, bands ever. Jimmy Page is one of the top three guitarists ever, and this collection shows it. Robert Plant's vocals are out of this world, it's unbelievable at times. The sound on the drums, done by John Bonham, is amazing, one of the greatist at drums. John Paul Jones, often forgotten, ties it all together with the production, bass, and other effects. Overall, you wont find a band that sounds better. // 10

Lyrics: Robert Plant. Robert Plant is simply a genius. Most people don't understand exactly what his lyrics mean in some songs, but in many cases, you dont need to. His voice is amazing, and could probably mealt Antartica. You really get a feal of the emotion he shows on these albums, its insane. One of the best singers ever. // 10

Overall Impression: This collection is for people who enjoy Led Zeppelin a lot, and don't want to spend time looking for every album. This is for the music nerd in all of us, because it is pretty cool saying you own every studio recorded Led Zeppelin song. The collection also comes with an in-dept look at the life of Led Zeppelin on the road, and the writing process of many albums. Led Zeppelin does not compare to anybody else, they're on a whole different level. If I somehow lost the whole box set, and it was deleted off my iTunes, I would save up the money and buy the whole set again. Amazing. // 10

The Complete Studio Recordings Reviewed by: GibsonSGgirl, on may 13, 2006

Sound: Led Zeppelin frequently alters its mood in its music, with numerous songs for any disposition. Take, for example, Kashmir and Ten Years Gone. Totally different styles, moods, everything. Kashmir is a head-banging, thunderous and steady beat song with huge emphasis on the drums and guitar. Ten Years Gone focuses a little more on smooth, sweet guitar parts and thought-provoking lyrics. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics are excellent, full of insight and deeper meanings that really pushes Led's reputation of totally original, anything-but-steroetype classic rock. // 8

Overall Impression: The Latter Days album clearly articulates Led Zeppelin's greatest hits, including Achilles Last Stand, Houses of the Holy, Ten Years Gobe, Kashmir and many others. The album has only ten tracks, but they're worth every penny. Every song expresses how skilled all the band members are and the different styles of their music. Jimmy Page and Jon Bonham especially never cease to amaze me with their awesome talent. // 9

More Led Zeppelin reviews rating latest review