Mediocre Generica Review

leftover crack: Mediocre Generica
Release Date: May 22, 2001
Label: Epitaph
Genres: Ska-Punk
Leftover Crack came up in New York City's ABC No-Rio squatter scene, though the band is not typical of those surroundings.
 9.3
 9.3
 9.2
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Mediocre Generica Reviewed by: JerdStyles, on december 16, 2006

Sound: The sound of their music is amazing. A nice mix of punk and ska. The beats they have keep you wanting to dance more and more or at least just move. They have a lot of great ideas for life and their music just makes you want more song after song. Awesome! // 9

Lyrics: The songs lyrics speak many different feelings and different ideas. Singing songs of politics, life on the streets, killing cops, and just living life. Each song has a great meaning behind it, a story of what they've gone through or seen, or just a fun time to it. The lyrics add to the intense sound of the music itself, giving each chord a meaning. The singers voice is unlike anything I've heard before, raspy, deadly and yet in a way bright. // 10

Overall Impression: The music from Leftover Crack is some of the best stuff I have heard so far in my life. Each song goes so well to the lyrics making you just feel everything. I think that one of my favorite songs off this album is "Atheist Anthem" but each song is great in its own way. I love the sound of each song and the lyrics just make it even better. If I were to lose this album I would, without question, pick up another copy, it has gotten me through a lot and made me feel better about many different things. // 9

More Leftover Crack reviews rating latest review