Rock The 40 Oz Review

leftover crack: Rock The 40 Oz
Release Date: Sep 5, 2000
Label: Orchard
Genres: Ska-Punk
This album is quite simply put: the most essential ska/punk album.
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Rock The 40 Oz Reviewed by: rinio, on july 29, 2006

Sound: This album is quite simply put: the most essential ska/punk album. It was originally released by Leftover Crack on Bankshot! Records, but was later re-released as "Rock The 40 Oz: Reloaded". This disc has two of Leftover Cracks most memorable anthems on it: "Rock The 40 Oz (Jesus Has A Place For Me)" and "Nazi White Trash". Furthermore, it has the band's own "theme song": "The Good, The Bad, & The Leftover Crack". // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics definately aren't for those who are easily offended, but that's what people love about Leftover Crack. They're vulgar, inappropriate, but most importantly thought provocing, as is the music in general. Stza's voice has revolutionized the ska/punk scene, and is really like the mythological creature from which he got his name. Really quite awesome performace and lyricism. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to the other LOC albums, this is probably the worst. Simply because mediocre generica is so good, Rock The 40 Oz. Reloaded featues all the songs that are on this album and more, and F--k World Trade (although not as good as mediocre Generica) has more good content on it, whereas this CD is only a few songs. In all honesty, I prefer Choking Victim, but thats just me. "Both Bands" are still awesome. I would not buy this album unless I were a collector of Loc memorabilia, but otherwise just get the reloaded version. I love the singing, and the "F--k You!" styled lyricism. Overall the sound is amazing, although I think that on some tracks the bass guitar could be reworked a little (not because it sounds bad, but because it's a little boring). // 8

More Leftover Crack reviews rating latest review