Deadline Review

artist: Leftover Crack And Citizen Fish date: 05/07/2007 category: compact discs
Leftover Crack And Citizen Fish: Deadline
Release Date: Mar 6, 2007
Label: Fat Wreck Chords
Genres: Ska-Punk, Punk Revival
It's the perfect album not just for the converted, but also as an introduction for those looking to add a little anarchistic punk spice to their lives.
 8.9
 8.7
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Deadline Reviewed by: YourMessiah666, on may 07, 2007

Sound: This is a split CD with Citizen Fish on the first half, and Leftover Crack on the second half. The album is very very good. I'm glad to hear that we still have true punk music that is still coming up. A very very nice recording, it's quite different from classical punk, and a very big step from F--k World Trade by Leftover Crack. The first half is Citizen Fish, and they seem to be more of a ska punk band. Being ska, it has to be very nicely recorded, and trust me, it is. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are your typical punk lyrics. Raging against racism, goverenment, and just plain smoking weed. The lyrics are put together quite well. Very nice rhyme scheme, not just your average ABAB. The singing of Dick (Citizen Fish) is a very nice punk voice. But, it brings up the thought of old school English punk. That's not necessarily a bad thing. The singing of Stizzle (L.o.C.) is pretty much the same as it was on F--k World Trade. Not as heavy as it used to be, but it is still a very fitting voice. // 8

Overall Impression: Citizen Fish. 01. Working On The Inside - a very very nice opener for a very very nice album. Extremely catchy sing-out-loud song. 02. Money - I love this song. It's fucking great. A very catchy chorus. It even has a little bass-breakdown, which is quite rare in punk now-a-days. 03. Meltdown - great song. Nuff said. 04. Getting Used To It - Quite a heavier song than the others by Citizen Fish. It's very nice. 05. Back To Square One - love it. Very very nice guitar riffs. 06. Join The Dots - one of my favorites on the album. It's three minutes of greatness. Another little bass solo, a very nice one. 07. Clear Channel (F--k Off!) - a pretty mediocre song until one minute in. Then it gets great! Leftover Crack. 08. L.O.C. Intro (B.D.C.) - nice intro to L.o.C. 09. Baby-Punchers - one of my favorite songs on the album. Awesome punk song. Very good lyrics, and kick ass guitar. 10. Genocide Tendencies - not a bad song. Pretty long. 11. ...And Out Comes The N-bomb! - a pretty fucking cool song. The most rebellion song on the CD. 12. Life Causes Cancer - a very very catchy song. And very true. 13. World War 4 - sweet song. A nice vocal song. Very catchy again. One of my favorites. 14. Supermarket Song - brilliant. 15. Reason For Existence - this song kicks ass thirty second in. It's a great punk song. Definitely one of my favorites. All in all this album kicks ass! A combination of two great punk bands, on one great album. A must buy for the L.o.C. fan, as well as for the Citizen Fish fan. With this album you definitely get your moneys' worth. This will be in my stereo for a long time to come. // 9

Comments