Blue Me Review

Leslie West: Blue Me
Release Date: May 23, 2006
Label: Blues Bureau
Genres: Hard Rock, Blues-Rock
Leslie West returns to the Blues Bureau label with "Blue Me," a collection of rock blues rock covers done in the inimitable West style.
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Blue Me Reviewed by: heavybloozer, on october 12, 2006

Sound: Those who lust for raw (almost bloody) blues rawk will surely know Leslie West (ex-Mountain). This album is his latest effort and he sticks with his two successful formulas: balls out blues rock in the mold of Gary Moore and strictly covers. There are no new songs on this record. But really who cares? Covering is natural in the blues genre. Every song has new aspects and even long time bluesrs will have their fun with this traditional album. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrical Leslie of course stays with the traditional blues lyrics. What's really impressive is his strong voice. He might not be the best singer but his rusty vocals and deep growls are surely an earcatcher ("I've got to leave you baby 'cause you know you've done me wrong"). // 10

Overall Impression: Well the record is not as good as the similar "From The Cradle" by Eric Clapton (which is one of Slowhand's greatest efforts) but everyone who likes his blues dirty will have loads of fun with this cool record. Plus, Leslie's guitar playing s awesome-his violining skills are phenomenal. I especially like the opener "Blues Befor Sunrise". But while most songs are great some covers cannot reach up to older versions(like "I'm Tore Down"). // 8

More Leslie West reviews rating latest review