Tides Review

Leverage: Tides
Released: Aug 9, 2006
Genre: Melodic Metal, Power Metal, Progressive Hard Rock
Label: Elements Music
Album has its original sound, music is really well written, produced and it's really catchy.
 8.2
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Tides Reviewed by: tume, on april 25, 2012

Sound: "Tides" is the first album of the Finnish melodic metal band Leverage. "Tides" has been praised by many critics in and outside of Finland. All the songs of the album have been written by Tuomas Heikkinen who is one of the two guitarists of the band. Leverage has its own sound, they do their own music the way they want to. Leverage has talent and all of its members are really good musicians. This album is filled with compact melodic metal songs and the songs are like 4-5 minutes long each. // 9

Lyrics: The Lyrics is just simply excellent. It fits somewhat perfectly to the songs and is catchy but not too repetitive. The lyrics is mostly about supernatural things and about love and war. Pekka does a brilliant job with the vocals and his voice is just pure gold, I really couldn't think of a better singer for this kind of a band. Even though the band does really impressive job with this album and its songs, I think the vocals are the part where this band really stands out for itself. // 10

Overall Impression: Leverage has released three albums but I still think this one is simply the best of those, even though I love the other two really much too. To describe this band I'd say it's something like bringing the mix of Rainbow and Whitesnake of the 70's and 80's to the twenty first century. The reason I love this album and this band so much is that they really have their original sound, their music is really well written, produced and it's really catchy. The only thing I hate about this album is that it's only like 48 minutes long but on the other hand it has nothing like fillers or stuff like that. This album ain't too progressive and it hasn't got any long instrumental parts which you might expect from a band like this and because of that this album is unfortunately probably not going to be remembered like some classic metal albums.. This one maybe could have been a one if it had something really special on it. If this album was stolen I'd probably buy it again. If you want to buy an album that you can listen time after time without getting bored, consider buying this one! // 9

More Leverage reviews rating latest review
+ Blind Fire 9.9 03/18/2011