Stanley Climbfall Review

artist: lifehouse date: 06/11/2005 category: compact discs
lifehouse: Stanley Climbfall
Released: Sep 17, 2002
Genre: Rock
Tones: Brooding, Melancholy, Earnest, Autumnal, Bittersweet, Wistful, Reflective
Style: Post-Grunge
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this album:
Stanley Climbfall Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 11, 2005

Sound: The all together music blend and riffs all great. Lifehouse's combination calms you when your mad (track 6: Stanley Climbfall) or energizes you when you are slow in the day (1: Spin). The styles go from loud to love which is a very attracting trait in music for me. Additionally, Jason's voice is great with the composed music. // 10

Lyrics: Jason's lyrics get to you in a different way than the rest. Although, I didn't like very much the way he goes loud to soft quickly. Although the words talk about the world. Beggars, sadness, love, and a diversity of other feelings. Overall great lyrics. // 8

Overall Impression: This album stands 0ut. It is not like many others because, as I say once again, it points out how people in the world are today. I love the fact that the diversity of the songs are put to the music. The "highlight" songs I enjoy are Spin, Take Me Away, Sky Is Falling, and Stanley Climbfall. As the bonus track, How Long Is A Marvelous Song. If I lost it I would have to buy it again. It rocks. // 10

Stanley Climbfall Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 28, 2003

Sound: This album blends into more than one sound, you get that warm grungey sound of songs like 'Spin and take me away'. Then there's that experimentation that comes out of 'Wash' and 'My precious'. This album makes you think not only through the lyrics but also through the sound. // 8

Lyrics: Jason Wade, only 23 years old and has wrote some of the most meaningful lyrics I've ever read. It's amazing how the lyric to the albums first single (Spin) was written when Wade was only 16. There such emotion and truth put into what Wade writes - it's unbelieveable. The lyric that sums the album up though is certainly from title track 'Stanley Climbfall' when Wade moans Stand/Climb and Fall you carry the world cant carry it all. I believe that as a songwriter Jason Wade could Become a Modern Dylan. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the first Lifehouse album I purchised and I thought that when I listened to it I would feel depressed but it takes you to a place that makes you feel warm and I think that this is the second of many great albums to come from Lifehouse. Amazing. // 10

More Lifehouse reviews rating latest review
+ Almeria 7.6 12/10/2012