Lifetime Review

lifetime: Lifetime
Release Date: Feb 6, 2007
Label: Fueled By Ramen
Genres: Hardcore Punk, Emo, Punk Revival
Lifetime is as familiar, refreshing and totally invigorating as one could hope it to sound -- and all this in just over 23 minutes.
 9.2
 9.7
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Lifetime Reviewed by: VIRUSDETECTED, on december 26, 2007

Sound: Coming back from an 8 year hiatus, these guys are cranking out music so fresh and true to their original sound, that it makes you think it took them 8 years to write. The bass lines are catchy and support the over-driven melody. The drums are an expert example of blast beats used properly, and the vocals are a nice combination between yelling and singing. The occasional feedback into a slide creeps it's way into a track here and there, and overall it produces a great harmony. The occasional break-down that has made hardcore music so famous is used sparingly and properly, and will have you throwing down like there's not tomorrow. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics tackle real life issues (From what I've picked up on one track, suicide prevention to the traffic on the 'Jersey Turnpike) and don't beat around the bush. The guitar riffs and drums support them perfectly. The vocalist does a great job of project his voice with a nice nasally sound that just doesn't get old. No complaints other than the occasional monotone that comes out in the vocalist's voice. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a nice comeback for Lifetime, having been on an 8 year hiatus. I would most definetly recommend them to any fan of melodic hardcore as it combines elements from Punk so beautifully. Their songs are energetic, loud, and well put together. Several songs stick out in my mind, most notable "Northbound Breakdown" and "Yeem's Song For Nothing." Both have catchy melodies that make even me snap my fingers to the snare's beat (and I hardly do that). A must have for any hardcore fan. // 10

Comments