Live In Texas Review

artist: linkin park date: 04/27/2012 category: compact discs
linkin park: Live In Texas
Released: 2003
Genre: Rock
Tones: Brooding, Angst-Ridden, Cathartic, Earnest, Brash, Rousing, Street-Smart, Intense, Reflective, Urgent, Fierce
Styles: Alternative Metal, Rap-Metal
 9.6
 9.8
 9.4
Live In Texas Reviewed by: sithian476, on november 26, 2003

Sound: OK, one thing... out of all bands I've heard live, I'd have to say Linkin Park does one of the best jobs out there today. It's amazing how incredibly accurate they are with their sound and lyrics. Even though this is true, they still vary the songs a bit to actually make it fun hearing something different yet while still keeping the whole album feel. Kickass performance. // 10

Lyrics: Most of the lyrics are basically the same, but some songs have an added few or variations... hence a live performance. But when they sing it, their ability to sing the song almost perfectly is amazing. (Recommendation when you first listen: P5shng Me Awy, and you'll see what I'm talking about.) // 10

Overall Impression: If you just like Linkin Park a tad bit or love them to death, I would DEFINITELY get this album... the CD contains 12 live songs, nice to listen to on the road, at school, etc... but also the DVD contains the entire Dallas show, what they do behind the stage, showing the crowd, and not to mention DVD-quality sound. The ONLY downside is that its not really something different, like an album with new songs... which is the same with every live album. // 10

Live In Texas Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 09, 2004

Sound: I thik this would be the best live album in the world. I've heard some really good live album but this one takes the cake. I mean brad uses some different distortion in the concert and chester mixes up the singing styles a little bit so ya. And the fact the you can watch them in concert is awesome. You can really see how dedicated there fans really are. Also Rob goin off on those effect drums and takes some of the effects load off of Hahn. So I give the sound a 5. // 10

Lyrics: Alot of people say that all of LP's lyrics sound the same but if you are a true LP fan then you know that all of them have something different to say. I think that it was gensus to put more words in 'One Step Closer'. Also they sound so much better live then in te studio. I get it a 5 too. // 10

Overall Impression: I love the whole album, and I suggest that everyone buy wehen they can. It is musically incredible and know one should be without it. Peace out. // 10

Live In Texas Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 25, 2003

Sound: You'll hear all (or most of, at least) of the great songs from Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and even a little bit of Reanimation mixed in. They are great recordings, but when played live, they are shown at their prime. Chester's screams are even better while on the stage, and Mike's Shinoda's rhymes are just as agressive as ever. Everything seems to fit perfectly like in the recordings, but now the songs seem less polished up and more natural to the ear. // 10

Lyrics: N/A // 10

Overall Impression: An excellent live package. Not only do you get 12 songs on the CD, but you can pop in the DVD that comes with it and view the WHOLE SHOW (at Dallas Texas, during the Summer Sanitarium), with all 17 songs. Linkin Park is an incredible live band, and it shows. Most songs are just as good or better than the album versions. If you buy any new live album, then it should be this one. If it were lost or stolen then I would buy a new copy, then go find a way to get my old one back. // 10

Live In Texas Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 25, 2003

Sound: The sound on this CD/DVD is awesome. You can hear the crowd and it adds a good raw vibe to it. (I was surprised they didn't remove it from the CD portion, but it was a nice surprise) They put a lot of energy into their shows, but most the time when I've seen them, (and for most artist) they just dont sound as good. This is not so for this CD/DVD, they sound almost as good as on a regular CD, luckily not to good because then it would just feelfake. Overall, it sounds like a really really really good live show- // 10

Lyrics: Its just the same songs from ther previous CDs which are awesome, a few tweaks here and then which is fun. // 10

Overall Impression: Alright, being that Linkin Park are my favorite band I must say that I was a tiny bit disapointed, the live show and cd are excellent but I was hoping for some special features on the disc, like videos, backstage stuff, but ther is none. I still Highly Highly recommend it. go gets it! // 8

Live In Texas Reviewed by: Jgoldnight, on december 22, 2003

Sound: Im surprised not a lot of people have reviewed this incredible album. Am I the only person with enough testicular fortitude to say that this album rocks? Hope not! Linkin park, no Chester Bennington amazes me. He makes this band and makes my jaw drop with amazement at his voice. He alone gets a five for his singing talent. Buy the CD/DVD set and see what im talking about. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are suprisingly good. I wonder who the hell writes the songs for them. These guys look soo young to be to well versed in writing songs. Whoever is the creative mastermind behind the lyrics, well done. // 10

Overall Impression: Great DVD, ok Cd. I dont care for the Cd too much because I already have Meteora and Hybrid Theory. But the DVD is amazing. This review should probably go under DVD then right? Screw it! The Cd is hot, steal it if necessary. // 10

Live In Texas Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 21, 2006

Sound: The sound is great. I've heard bands who sound good in recording studios but suck in concerts. Linkin Park is one of the best live performances ever. The only thing I didn't like about this CD was the remake of Pushing Me Away. Other than that there isn't a thing to complain about. Anybody that is under the age of 30 would probably like this. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are so simple to catch on to and easy to learn. It took me just a few tries to learn te lyrics of Faint by listening to the song. Not many bands are lik that. The mix of the fast lyrics flying around in some songs and then the slow lyrics of others is great. // 10

Overall Impression: I've liked Linkin Park ever since I heard their first album. So naturally I had to see if they were good in concert. I found ot that they were. anyone who has ever sort of liked Linkin Park will end up loving this recording of theior live performance. The best part of this performance is that it has songs from so many different albums that you get to hear a little of every Linkin Park album. // 10

Live In Texas Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 27, 2012

Sound: A staple of any Great band is whether or not you sound as good live as you do on your CDs. "Live In Texas" shows that not only can Linkin Park sound as good but, in most cases, they sound better live than they sound on either "Hybrid Theory" or "Meteora". Every song comes across perfectly. From their opening song, "Somewhere I Belong", to their closing, "One Step Closer". Whether it's the DVD, which has 17 songs, or the CD, which has 12, the energy that this band brings is non-stop! // 10

Lyrics: From "Somewhere I Belong" to "Figure.09" (one of 4 songs only heard on DVD) to "One Step Close" the lyrics come through loud and clear. In my opinion, the best song of the day is "P5hng Me A*wy", one of the songs not included on the CD. They revamped it in a way that still gave you the feel of the song but made it fresh and new. Mike Shinoda's raps are spot on throughout and Chester Bennington's vocals bring impaction. It is awesome to see these two individuals feed off of each other on stage. // 10

Overall Impression: The only negative that I have is that the CD is missing about 20 minutes of material that is on the DVD. With a run time of 40:41 minutes on the CD it could have easily included the missing song; "Don't Stay", "Figure.09", "With You", and "By Myself". "Live In Texas" gives a glimpse of a band that was on the edge of becoming a headlining act. Even though they have since recorded a second live CD-DVD combo, "Road to Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes",this one is, by far, the must have live album have for any Linkin Park fan. // 9

More Linkin Park reviews rating latest review