Reanimation Review

Styles: Post-Grunge, Alternative Metal
 7.6
 8.2
Reanimation Reviewed by: angelo04, on august 02, 2004

Sound: First of all, as the album title and the recreated 'hybrid theory' cover shows, this album's a lot different. I know a lot of people say this is Linkin Park's worst album because it's different and more rap orientated and I say shame on you. You wouldn't want the album to be an exact copy of 'hybrid theory' it so why hate an album that is original. Granted the album is just remixes of hybrid theory with a few new tracks, but each song does have a completely different feel due to the addition of other vocalists and DJ's etc. As I've already said, the album is more of a rap album, but its also got a lot of heavy guitar riffs, and screaming vocals as well as some softer tracks. Overall the style is quite varied but don't listen to it unless your fairly open minded and willing to hear a band try something diferent. // 10

Lyrics: I've never thought Linkin Park where the greatest for lyric writing in as much as most of the lyrics tend to have a simillar theme or feel, but the way they fit to the music using rap, singing and yelling is very effective. This album increases the effect by bringing in new singers and lyricists to create a better range of lyrics and different styles of getting them across to the listener. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this album is just as good as hybrid theory, but you can't really compare the two as they are different styles. All in all it's a brilliant album with only one annoying feature, the change of all the titles just to make them sound less like remixes. One more thing, the cover art work is brilliant. // 10

Reanimation Reviewed by: sithian476, on october 16, 2003

Sound: Just to start, many people hate this album due to it's genre nature. But let's all reason with it and review farely. A rock album(s) remixed to sound like hip-hop, this DOES bring new meaning to the rock scene. I mean, what other rock band does this? It also is a larger collection from not just Hybrid Theory, but previous songs from their EP as well. They collaborated with many other skilled hip-hop artists and made it sound pretty damn awesome, not by just the music, but the quality and rhythm of the beats. // 10

Lyrics: When they collaborated with the other artists, they all needed to share their own lyrical style to record. Fast and catchy can be used to describe some of the songs on it. But also sometimes, the lyrics could be almost... rushed. After all, it kinda was a get-in-the-studio-while-doing-your-thing-and-leave type of project. For the most part, you'll catch yourselves tryin' to mimic some of their flows. // 8

Overall Impression: To sum up everything about this album, it is a nice large collection of mastered remixes and beats that sound's awesome on decent system with a sub. The lyrics most of the time demonstrate true talent and the songs as a whole are all related to previous songs, but you won't catch barely and similarities in them at all. They ARE different songs, even though they can be defined as remixes. I have listened to both the CD and the DVD. Check them both out if you have any interest in beats/hip-hop/nu-metal/etc. // 8

Reanimation Reviewed by: linkinguitaro, on may 22, 2004

Sound: This is the most ugliest sounding cd ive ever heard. They have ruined all but 2 awsome songs! All it is is stupid rap the saounds horrible! It was a complete waste of my precoius money to buy this. The only reason i bought it was because it looked cool and it had all of the tracks that hybrid theory had plus more! bad idea. With you and pushing me away remixes were the only good tracks. // 2

Lyrics: The lyricks were altered from there orginal very slightly. in the ends corny remix has scared me forever! By myself(which is my favorite linkin park song) sounds moe like my sister playing my guitar! It was so digitally re edited that it made chester look like a complete fool! Some of there best songs the screwed up! Crawling would have been ok if it wasent for the 1 minute and 45 second intro, and they should have said the chorus! // 2

Overall Impression: i deeply dislike this cd. It was okay for the first week, then it was all crap. Compared to cd's like Billy Talent and Three Days grace, this CD looks like a pice of --it lieing on the ground! I advise you not to buy this cd! Or heck. Just throw out the cd and keep the case for the drawings!the drawings were way better than the cd itself! // 2

Reanimation Reviewed by: moblinmaniac, on january 10, 2006

Sound: This album was as good of an album as any other Linkin Park album, in my opinion. I liked the facted that they included such previously unreleased songs as My December and High Voltage, and a new song, X-ecutioner Style. // 10

Lyrics: The subtle changes to the lyrics of some songs, such as "Ente E ND" went well with changes in the tempo and beat of the songs. Also, the lyrics from the guest singers was excellent, esecially Aaron Lewis' vocals on Krwlng. // 10

Overall Impression: One of the main reasons I am writing this review is to show faults in the previous reviewers judgement. The member named linkinguitaro, for example, said that because the album is more hip-hop than rock, it is bad. However, if you removed the rap and hip-hop a Linkin Park album, what would seperate them from the legions of other alternative rock bands, very few of whom have released multi-platinum albums? Also, I found several faults in the review of the unregistered person who covered the album, faults that any true Linkin Park fan wouldn't have made. For example, the notion that Chester's singing is "awful" is positively humorous. Not only did his singing win the band a Grammy in 2001, but also helped the band sell more albums than anyone in the same year. I also have a serious problem with descpiption of the band. I, being a huge Linkin Park fan, an almost saddened to say this, but it must be said. Many terms could be used to descibe the band at the time of this album's release point, and "mainsteam" is not one of them. Also, the reviewer is clearly blind, because, despite all the faults I found with his review, linkinguitaro at least conceded that the album artwork was great. The combination of these faults leads me to the conclusion that the mystery reviewer was obviouly an elderly man who had nothing better to do than ruin the reputation of one of the best bands of the last 20 years. Now that I have finished with my rant, I can make my actual review. The albums artwork was excellent. I also liked that fact that they changed the spelling of the song titles to show that they too had been reanimated. When my friend first told me that Linkin Park was going to remix Hybrid Theory, I was skeptical, asking how they could possibly repeat those results. Although one may point out that they failed to accomplish such, the vast majority of their fans are nonetheless satisfied with this album. // 10

Reanimation Reviewed by: aznlpguitarist, on july 22, 2003

Overall Impression: This is the remix album to the highly popular debut "hybrid theory" and I have to say Hybrid theory is pretty hard to top. But reanimation is as good as well. Yes this cd is more rap oriented but in the last songs of the cd the remixes of crawling and one step closer are one of the best rock songs I've heard of. This cd features collaborations by artist such as: Aaron Lewis of Staind, Jonathan Davis of Korn, The X-ecutioners, Kutmasta Kurt, and more. The raps in here are amazing and the guitar is heavier than Hybrid Theory. Go get this cd now! // 10

Reanimation Reviewed by: Hybrid, on july 22, 2003

Overall Impression: The second album from the great gods of music and possibly the best band ever, but this album is only a remix album. What went wrong? There are twenty tracks on this album, twelve of which are remixes of Hybrid Theory (Linkin Parks last album). Well, there are only sixteen tracks if you don't include the tedious messages left on Mike Shinodas phone. The new tracks include: X-Ecutioner style, H! Vltg3, Ntr/mssion and My Dsmbr. The band only intends to release one song off this album, the remix version of points of authority. The best track on the album is the remix of one step closer named, 1stp klosr. Along with its brilliant rythm and add display, it includes a guest singer. Jonathan Davis from KoRn. So, in conclusion, I would rate this album a three star record. Gladfully, the band will be releasing their new album some time in March, 2003. // 6

Reanimation Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 25, 2003

Sound: To be fair, the sound is crisp on the production side just like the majority of major label albums. However, the band itself is extremely weak. The guitar parts are a pathetically lazy attempt at sounding interesting at all. The bass isn't even necessary because it's one note plays are so dumb that it just seems stupid, the singer is awful and has an extremely whiney voice and the drummer is purely average. // 4

Lyrics: On the lyrical side, this album fares much worse. Plenty of people say that they can easily relate to all of them, but still, that doesn't change the fact that they are as generic as possible. // 2

Overall Impression: It's a catchy little album but nothing more. There is no art at all in this boring generic wreck of an album. I traded my copy in, apparently this is the direction that American mainstream music is headed in and frankly, it's trash. If you consider yourself a fan of good music, do yourself a favor and steer clear of this band. // 2

More Linkin Park reviews rating latest review