Road To Revolution. Live At Milton Keynes Review

linkin park: Road To Revolution. Live At Milton Keynes
Released: Nov 24, 2008
Genre: Alternative Rock, Alternative Metal, Nu Metal
Label: Warner Bros. Records
Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes is the second live CD/DVD compilation by Linkin Park. It was recorded during the band's annual Projekt Revolution festival tour at the Milton Keynes National Bowl on June 29, 2008.
 8.4
 8.5
 8.2
Road To Revolution. Live At Milton Keynes Reviewed by: ASILAYDYING182, on february 13, 2009

Sound: First off I think Linkin Park is amazing and there talent really shows in this CD/DVD set, the concert is amazing and they play almost flawlessly in this concert. The concert at times sounds better than the studio albums they put out(which I've only seen a couple of bands I would say that about) with the whole band sounding like they do on there studio albums. Also they sometimes do extra little intros or outros for some of there songs to build anticipation or just have more fun I guess. Songs from practilly all there albums are here(they even do a performence with Jay-Z for the first time out of the U.S)so you'll find a song you'll like. Overall sounds good. // 10

Lyrics: Chesters singing is flawless he sounds almost exactly how he does on studio albums, mike does good backing vocals as well as the rapping. The lyrics to each song sound down to earth and are stuff that most people can relate too and have experienced. there's really nothing new to the lyrics, it's all the songs we've heard on there albums maybe a couple of added lines at the end of the song or more rapping like in Points of Authority but nothing spectacular. So overall the lyrics are great but could have had more original content to them like Points of Authority. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is great I recommend it to anyone who likes Linkin Park or just to people who like good music. It can compare kind of to there Live in Texas album but with better production value and better perfomances. The stuff I love from this album is it have most of my favorite songs on it and they sound just great, what I hate about it is some of my favorite songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora are missing and are replaced with Minutes to Midnight songs which is something I can live with but is something I do not like. If this album were stolen I would find the perosn who stole and beat them to a bloody f*ckin pulp and then get my CD back, if it were lost I would buy it again but still beat the shit out of someone just for fun, Overall this is a good album that anyone and everyone would and should like. // 9

Road To Revolution. Live At Milton Keynes Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 16, 2009

Sound: First I'd like to say I like linkin park, but I don't love them. The sound quality overall is good, technically, it comes very close to the sound quality of their albums, if not to the same quality. I'd say that Linkin Park can really be considered as a live rather than a studio-band, since the songs are really dynamic on this CD, which is makes this CD more enjoyable than their other albums.Here and there you get some riffs played by the band and some extra added vocal lines, otherwise nothing too special.Or, maybe the drum solo from rob bourdon during "bleed it out", which is decent, but nothing crazy if you compare for example joey jordison's solo's. Ahm, apart from that I noticed that brad delson made one or two mistakes during the solo at the end of "faint".And some floppy notes during "No More Sorrow". And "Pushing Me Away" is played on the piano, turning it into a ballad instead of the Linkin Park'ish Nu-Metal style song. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are almost the same apart from some new added lines for example in "Points Of Authority", which is, sadly, only on the DVD. Apart from that, Chester Bennington provides good vocals, dynamic, but not as dynamic as on their other live CD/DVD "Live In Texas". Mike Shinoda does decent backing vocals and the rapping. The lyrics fit the songs good, but apart from that there's nothing special about the vocals.Or, maybe, I get the impression that the vocals sound better on the DVD? Oh well. // 8

Overall Impression: This is Linkin Park's second live CD/DVD, it is a fairly good CD/DVD, with their first live CD/DVD "Live In Texas" beeing a bit better. But they bring out Jay-Z for "Numb/Encore" and "Jigga What/Faint".Performing "Numb/Encore" was a good idea, but I think they should have played "Faint" without Jay-Z... Why do they play the original "Numb" AND "Numb/Encore" with Jay-Z anyway? They'd been better of playing the orginal "Faint", and "Papercut/Big Pimpin'"instead of "Jigga What/Faint". What I like about this CD/DVD is, that you get a decent crowd on the DVD and you hear the crowd singing this time."In The End" without a huge, singing crowd? Rubbish.Thank God they did it. I was kinda surprised watching the DVD, and then after "Bleed It Out", I get the notice "Congratulations!! You've unlocked:" "Somewhere I Belong" "Papercut" "Points Of Authority". lol? Reminds me of playing video games. If this DVD were stolen, I'd toss a coin and see if I'd buy this CD/DVD again or Avenged Sevenfold's "All Exess" DVD. If I compare this CD/DVD with, Muse's "Haarp", then, ahm, Muse have done a much better job with their CD/DVD.But, Muse isn't from this planet so I won't compare them two... // 8

More Linkin Park reviews rating latest review