Awake: The Best Of Live Review

live: Awake: The Best Of Live
Released: Nov 2, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Post-Grunge, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
It may not be perfect, but it will satisfy many listeners who want to revisit the heady days of post-grunge.
 9.3
 8.7
 9.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Awake: The Best Of Live Reviewed by: canadian_woo, on december 06, 2004

Sound: Live have always impressed me with their sound, even though I am not a huge fan I can still honestly say that they sound great on both CD and live (no pun indented). The album showcases Live's diversity and how the changed and reinvented their music over they years. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics have always been impressive with live. Even though their lyrics are heavily religiously influenced, they are still amazing lyrics that suit the music beautifully. Ed Kowlaczyc has a great voice and I for one don't believe it sounds like U2's Bono at all. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a greatest hits CD so I can't really state that it is there best but it is definitely very good. I Believe the most impressive tracks on the album are: Lakini's Juice, All Over You, I Alone & Heaven. My only complaint about the album is that it is missing some good songs like Simple Creed & Ghost (although the videos for these songs are found on the DVD). If This CD were lost or stolen I think I would buy it again because even though I have only had it for a little while I'm already starting to really get into it. // 8

More Live reviews rating latest review
+ The Turn 7.2 11/04/2014