Le Fond Et La Forme Review

4.7
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Le Fond Et La Forme Reviewed by: Lord Vodka, on february 18, 2006

Sound: The "Lofofora" is a special type of hallucinogenous cactus which Indians used to communicate with their gods and I think this is exactly how I would describe the music of this incredible alternative metal band: a ritual between the listener and the gods of french metal. The sound of this album ("The Intention And The Shape") is absolutely great: Lofofora are just real musicians. Some of the songs on this cd are very heavy, like "Le Fond Et La Forme" or "Psaume CAC-40," some other ones are softer: "Auto-Pilote," but some other ones sounded to me like a strange mix of reggae and progressive rock: "Histoire Naturelle." // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics of the band are especially based on racism, pollution and other of today's problems. The band are just very politically engaged and show it during the whole CD. Some songs are also very poetic, whereas some other ones absolutely didn't mean anything to me! But I have to say that a lot of songs were very interesting and made me think a lot about today's society. Great! // 8

Overall Impression: This is just an absolutely great record. I think it is at the time the most amazing and original cd of this year: everything is there. This CD is for all the AqME and other french bands fans, and for all the other ones! The CD is by the way enhanced, so there is a lot of interesting stuff for your computer: videos, interviews, etc. This is a great CD and I'm sure everyone who likes metal will enjoy listening to this band! // 8

Comments