The Arockalypse Review

lordi: The Arockalypse
Release Date: May 26, 2006
Label: The End
Genres: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Progressive Metal
Lordi caused a sensation by winning the 2006 Eurovision contest, which in turn made their third release, The Arockalypse, a hit throughout Europe.
 8.1
 8.3
 7.9
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
The Arockalypse Reviewed by: Campbell22, on june 28, 2007

Sound: Lordi made a strong impression at the Eurovision 2006 with their song Hard Rock Hallelujah, but to get to the point, the album is GREAT! The sound of it is not unique itself, but the strong vocal, the powerfull guitar riffs, the drum beats, that's wath bring rock to life! With song like Who's your Daddy, Bringing Back The Balls To Rock, Mr Killjoy, Hard Rock Hallelujah, you can be nothing more but charmed by this album who is incredibly catchy. And I just would like to say that mister Jay Jay French from Twisted Sisters made a incredible solo in "It Snows in Hell", check this out. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are not very poetic, it's more about holy things, I think they wanted to make a more apocalypse style like in Hard Rock Hallelujah, "Devils and Angels all in one has arrived","the sins are crippled" etc. Not much to say about it. You can clearly see that there is influence from Kiss and Rob Zombie. The style is more like Avenged Sevenfold, obsessed with the apocalypse and sins comitted. // 8

Overall Impression: Well like I said previously, it's pretty much Rob Zombie and Kiss influenced so you know what to expect, but! There is a lot of surprise in it! The Chainsaw Buffet intro is very unique and the song is very weird, and They Only Come At Night, even if you think it's gonna be very dark well prepared to be surprise. Overall the album is great and even if you gonna think I'm a little crazy, I think Lordi is wath can bring back Rock to life! // 8

More Lordi reviews rating latest review
+ The Monster Show 9.7 05/06/2005