Fast Loud Death Review

Lost Society: Fast Loud Death
Released: Mar 15, 2013
Genre: Thrash Metal
Label: Nuclear Blast
You can compare this album to old-school thrash records, such as "Among The Living". While this album doesn't bring anything new to the table, it is able to deliver ballcrushing thrash riffs.
 9.4
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Fast Loud Death Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 27, 2013

Sound: Lost Society, a Thrash Metal band from Finland. The sound is very old-school. Recorded at Sonic Pump studios in Finland and mastered by Svante Forsbck. Album cover by Ed Repka. Fast and loud, but there are some groovy riffs too and Anthrax-style shouts. None of the songs are over 5 minutes long, the longest song is a bonus track, "Escape From Delirium". The longest non-bonus track is "B-tch, Out' My Way", 4:02 minutes. The solos are great and not too long. Guitar and bass sounds are good, and the drum sounds are nice too. // 9

Lyrics: Some of the lyrics should not be taken too seriously, but they fit the music. For example, "Fatal Anoxia": "FATAL ANOXIA, FATAL ANOXIA, FATAL." Nothing else. The song is short, but a long part of it is just the song fading out. Some of the lyrics are funny, but some are serious. The singer, Samy Elbanna, is a talented thrash singer, and his voice can be very distorted, but sings clean in the bonus track, "I Stole Your Love". It's a Kiss cover, and it doesn't include unnecessary pinch harmonics and too much double pedals, which makes it better. // 9

Overall Impression: You can compare this album to old-school thrash records, such as "Among The Living". For some reason this band reminds me alot of Anthrax. While this album doesn't bring anything new to the table, it is able to deliver ballcrushing thrash riffs. I love the tasty guitar harmonies and the energy. There is nothing I absolutely hate, and these musicians work so good as a band, and if this album was stole or lost I would buy it again, and I should buy another copy to support the band. I like the artwork, and I like most of Repka's album covers. If you like thrash, listen to "Diary Of A Thrashman" and "E.A.G." If you like what you hear, buy the album. Not a single song on this album is bad, but those two are the ones that stand out.

// 9