Last Summer, Pt. 1 Review

Released: Oct 19, 2004
Label: Visible Noise
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge
Taken from the Welsh nu-metal act's 2004 album 'Start Something'.
 8.5
 6.9
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Last Summer, Pt. 1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 01, 2005

Sound: Just 3 tracks on this album, 2 of them covers and one on 'Start Something'. Still, as with every other Lostprophets song, the covers are done with expert skill and timing. First track is Last Summer (track 11 on Start Something), which in my opinion is one of Lostprophets' very best songs. The same track as the one on Start Something, but I'll never get tired of listening to that song. Second track is called Reptillia which I think was origionaly done by the strokes. Brilliant song, really fun to play on bass and with an amazing guitar solo about half way through. Last song is 'In The Air Tonight' covered from Phil Collins. Not the best song Lostprophets have ever done but theres some crazy effects on ians voice which are cool. Takes a while to get going properly but at 3 minutes 20, theres a cool bit of distortion on the guitar which continues through to the end. // 10

Lyrics: Can't really say much here as the songs are covers so the lyrics arent really Lostprophets. The lyrics to Last Summer are amazing though, great summer song or summit to play if your feeling a little low. As Ian Watkins said when Lostprophets played at the Manchester Appolo in November 2004, "This is a song for the good times." // 10

Overall Impression: Great album, great songs, but it could have done with a few more songs on it. There's a 'making of' DVD extra on this CD which shows the making of the video to Last Summer (and the video itself), and theres some other cool extras too. Last Summer is easily the best song on the album, with Reptillia next and In The Air Tonight last. This album was a present but if I did loose it I'd definately buy it again, if only to have it sat next to the other two on top of all my other CD's. If you have the other two albums and love them as much as I do, definately get this album. But I wouldn't recomend it as a first Lostprophets album. // 10

More Lostprophets reviews rating latest review
+ Weapons 6.8 04/03/2012