The Greatest Of All Lost Arts Review

9.3
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Greatest Of All Lost Arts Reviewed by: Blanco, on april 01, 2011

Sound: From first impressions the band looks like any other generic band but they are far from it. Within 30 seconds of the first track of the first track you get a good idea of how well produced and polished the album is going to sound. The lush vocal lines sit amazingly with the style of music being played, think saosin, glassjaw and underoath all in one mix. The guitar playing is inventive, with unusual patterns and progressions throughout that add a huge depth to each track. This itself is the first full length album but with a earlier EP that has the same styling you could tell they were on to a winner. // 10

Lyrics: There are obvious hooks within the singing and the screaming nicely compliments the flow of the music to add another layer. I feel like the singer is far more comfortable actually singing that screaming and that it suits the music much more than the screaming. After several listens you find your self humming along and singing the words to tracks and find that his voice nicely helps the whole album blend together. // 9

Overall Impression: Other artists I could compare it too would be (as noted above) glassjaw, saosin, underoath, alexisonfire and at the drive-in. Although you can compare it to them I would say that its a similar style not an exact duplicate of them, more and influence. My favourite tracks are Pueblo Cicada, with its double bass and strong vocals. Miami nights with its ocean swell intro and flowing verses and The Chreographer. But to be honest I love pretty much every track and would quite happily listen to the album on repeat all the time. // 9

Comments