This December; It's One More And I'm Free Review

Release Date: Sep 27, 2005
Label: Hourzero
Genres: Indie Rock, Emo
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
This December; It's One More And I'm Free Reviewed by: DarkDallasNight, on april 10, 2007

Sound: This CD is absolutely the best CD that has ever been released by a indie band. I started listening to this Band in early 2006 and they have impressed me ever since and they have become my favorite band as well. The CD contain 10 songs and they are all good. The production of CD is really good. The bass guitar is really audible on this CD and this band uses a lot of cool effects. From the screeching guitars to mellow keys, this CD has it all. Leighton's (the vocals and guitarist) voice is so sick and the old singer, Maria, sounds so good. Mindy is a really good singer but I love this CD because of the backing vocals provided by Maria. You will get chills listening to this band because of how good they are at synthesizing lyrics with their instruments. You are not going to hear the same power chords repeated over and over again and you will definitely love the guitar riffs. It's like listening to Metallica because the songs are so long and complex. The interlude to all of the songs are one of my favorite parts. The CD has one instrumental, which is very nice combination of heavy hitting electric guitars in the beginning to the acoustic guitar solo in end. The only con I can think of is the box that the CD comes in. It is not even a real case but a cardboard with a CD liner. There is no album jacket but instead the lyrics and song titles are printed on the cardboard. I wished Hourzero records were able to put it in a real CD case but this is an indie band on a indie label so that's the only thing the buyer will have to compromise with. // 10

Lyrics: Leighton's lyrics are amazing and well developed. Maria does an excellent job with the backing vocals and her voice is so soft and works well with Leighton's powerful voice. The lyrics on this CD is very catchy and very emotional. Each song is like a different story because one can really imagine imagine what is going on through the well developed and creative lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: I can't compare to album to anything. Just think of it like Blink 182's untitled album. That was the best pop punk rock CD ever to released and this CD will soon enough become one of the best cd's ever released in the indie scene. If this CD were to be stolen, I would definitely purchase it again. I mean for $10 you get 10 incredibly long, epic, and amazing songs. I have been listening to this CD since 2006 and I can honestly say that it has never gotten boring. If you guys are going to buy this cd, try to get the real CD because the album art is very nice. // 10

More Lydia reviews rating latest review
+ Illuminate 9 07/04/2008