One More From The Road Review

artist: lynyrd skynyrd date: 07/02/2008 category: compact discs
lynyrd skynyrd: One More From The Road
Release Date: Sep 11, 2001
Label: MCA
Genres: Hard Rock, Southern Rock, Rock & Roll, Blues-Rock, Arena Rock, Boogie Rock, Album Rock
A triple-platinum perennial in its classic-rock heyday, this 25th anniversary edition has been digitally restored and authentically remixed on vintage '70s equipment to great effect.
 Lyrics: 9.7
 9.9
 9.8
One More From The Road Reviewed by: AMERICAN PRICK, on november 01, 2005

Sound: This is Skynyrd at their best, this is the concert that made Lynyrd Skynyrd the album is a re-release of an old album it has be re-mastered to give the best possible sound. The 1976 Atlanta 3-day concert was the concert that made the band after the faliure of Gimme Back My Bullets which was overtaken by Frampton comes alive. So they decided to do a live album the band being on tour non-stop four years made it easy so they decided to do the album in Atlanta were they began working the clubs. This album is really Skynyrd at their best and it sounds awesome. // 10

Lyrics: The standard southern rock-blues set but hammered out and sounds great. The band knew they had to give it there all and they did, with the songs Travellin Man, Simple Man and Call Me The Breeze as well as Sweet Home Alabama definetly Skynyrd at their best. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great album, it's the best album Skynyrd have done really, it is just amazing to listen to. There is more than one version of some song that were taken from other nights during the 3 day concert each is played slightly different and its interesting to hear varriations. If this CD were stolen from me, I would tie a southern flag round my head, grab my shotgun, and ask for it back? // 10

One More From The Road Reviewed by: ibryant0915, on november 22, 2005

Sound: You just have to love Lynyrd Skynyrd. They were a bunch of good ol' boys who started out with nothing but a few cheap guitars, bare feet, and the shirts on their... well guess not. Anyhow, this CD captures some of their best sounds with all the excitement of a live concert. Some people cringe when they hear "live" (in fact I usually do), but not only do they sound just as good on this CD as in their studio recordings, but they also sound as amazing as they ever have. Not to mention that this CD has the best, yes BEST, sounding version of Freebird ever. // 10

Lyrics: Good old Skynyrd lyrics. It's their classic Hard Rock meets Country type of thing, if you know what I mean. They can speed it up with fast songs such as Call Me The Breeze or slow it down and still rock with the notorious Freebird. The singer (gotta love the guy) is of course great as usual, not out of tune, not too far from the mic, the guy's perfect. No lyric changes in any of the songs so you should enjoy it if you like Skynyrd even a bit. // 10

Overall Impression: Beautiful work on the part of the band and the company who put the CD together. The most impressive songs are probably "Give Me A T For Texas," "Call Me The Breeze," and the absolutely perfect version of "Freebird" I was talking about earlier. If you want to get a CD that's worth every penny, pick up a copy of "Another One From The Road" and enjoy! // 10

One More From The Road Reviewed by: JI-HALL, on july 02, 2008

Sound: The band's great sound from the guitar solo's by the three greatest guitar player's to the vocals of ronnie van zant, this awesome CD is a true Skynyrd fan's dream. It has all of there greatest songs in a two CD set (if you have the dulxe) that they have ever made, It is all live and I have the deluxe version which has a few extra songs on it, it is aslo said to be one of the best live albums of all time. // 10

Lyrics: The vocals of ronnie van zant are just fantastic, he touch's your heart in simple man and a few other's but then he makes you feel joy full in T For Texas and more. Most of the songs have a story in them like "Gimmie Three Steps" it is about Ronnie dancing with a girl who asks him too but her boyfriend catch's them dancing together and he say's "Gimmie three steps to the door". // 9

Overall Impression: This album does not really compare to any other's and is one of the greatest album that lynyrd skynyrd ever made, for me the most impressive songs in the album are Simple Man (touch's your heart) and Free Bird (the severn minute solo). If this album was stolen from me I would no doubt buy the same one as soon as I can because this is a awesome album that Lynyrd Skynyrd made. // 9

More Lynyrd Skynyrd reviews rating latest review