Complete Madness Review

madness: Complete Madness
Released: Apr 23, 1982
Genre: Ska/Pop
Label: Stiff Records
It is really a compilation of Madness' hits - bringing out the best songs of theirs. Great sound throughout the whole album and great songs as well!
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Complete Madness Reviewed by: GuitarMan147, on february 08, 2012

Sound: Madness are an awesome band, with great music, songs, lyrics, range of instruments, music videos and even dancing! They are one of my favourite groups of all time along with The Beatles, U2, stuff like that. With this CD, it is really a compilation of Madness' hits - bringing out the best songs of theirs. Great sound throughout the whole album and great songs as well! Madness seem to have a unique way of doing their songs, so most of them are easily recognisable as Madness songs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics to the songs on this album are great, especially with things like "House Of Fun" - really catchy songs all the way through the album. Madness really are a great band with their way of doing things - there is always a great beat to follow and upbeat songs which are great to try and dance along to! There is also the fact that on a lot of their songs, they play off-beat chords, such as with "Night Boat To Cairo", which I think is really cool. Another thing is that with Madness, there are loads of songs which I can just play, and my dad will know them and turn them up even louder! A great band, with a great lead singer (Graham "Suggs" McPherson) who gives a great feeling to the song - of course with backing singers - which really helps define Madness. // 10

Overall Impression: Any Madness album can only really ever be compared to another one of their own, they are just that unique! The original songs sound a lot better than the remixes which have been done in some cases. All the songs on the album are great, and just some of them include: Shut Up My Girl Baggy Trousers House Of Fun Cardiac Arrest There are loads of others on the album, like "Bed And Breakfast Man", and there is nothing on the album to hate at all! It is just a brilliant album and has loads of great songs on it! If I lost this album, I would definitely buy it again because it is great, and I just love to have the songs playing, especially when I'm on holiday or relaxing. // 10

More Madness reviews rating latest review
+ Madness 7.7 01/30/2004