Into Glory Ride Review

manowar: Into Glory Ride
Release Date: 1983
Label: Music For Nations
Genres: Heavy Metal, Power Metal
This epic album of monumental proportions also heralded the arrival of Scott Columbus, later known as the "Drummer of Doom".
 8.7
 8.3
 9.1
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Into Glory Ride Reviewed by: ironmaidendude, on july 10, 2007

Sound: On this album Manowar sounds bit like Black Sabbath and the album's songs have somekind of noise in their background and that makes the album's sound quality bit low. This album is Manowar like we all Manowar-fans know, sword-and-sorcery metal and fantasy themes. Only song without fantasy theme is opening track "Warlord" (I tell you about it bit later). This album is must for every Manowar, and sword-and-sorcery metal-fan. It has low sound quality, because they used very cheap studio (I think). I don't care about that and low sound quality is only thing I don't like on this album. // 8

Lyrics: Eric Adams is one of the greatest singers in the world. On this album he sings very high notes. Lyrics on this album are fantasy based excluding opening track "Warlord" like I said before. "Warlord" is song about motorbike-rebel called warlord who is very badass. Lyrics fit perfectly to the music. // 9

Overall Impression: This album cannot be compared to other albums because Manowar is so unique band. Like I said before this album has Sabbath-kind sound but it can't be compared to Sabbath. Now I tell you about the songs of this album and I rate them. 01. Warlord - opening track with very corny intro (listen and you'll know). This song about motorbike-rebel called warlord who is very badass. Music on this track has punk-kind sound. 02. Secret Of Steel - this is the best track on this album. It's slow and doomy. "Atop the mountain where the river of steel flows..." Eric Adams sings this album very skillfully and hits very high notes. 03. Gloves Of Metal - basic Manowar song. Lyrics are fantasy based but they have basic Manowar theme "We are Metal Kings!" Nice song but gets bit boring at the end. 04. Gates Of Valhalla - bassist Joey DeMaio plays nice bass melody in the intro and first verse (no it isn't played by acoustic guitar). Then guitarist Ross the Boss starts play very simple riff. The song is about the warrior who pass through the gates of Valhalla. Song get's bit boring and I think it's too long. 05. Hatred - this song has very strange intro. It's very dark song with aggressive and gore lyrics ("I taste your blood as it showers from my blade"). This is bit strange song. 06. Revelation (Death's Angel) - this is another good song on this album. Eric Adams sings very high notes. The song is about the person who meets Satan himself. 07. March For Revenge (By The Soldiers Of Death) - eight and half minutes long ending track. This song is some kind of viking battle march. Like in Battle Hymns album's title track "Battle Hymn" there is slower acoustic part before the guitar solo. This album is one of the best Manowar albums I have along with Sign of the Hammer and Triumph of Steel. If the album were lost/stolen, I would buy new as soon as I can. I recommend this album to all Manowar and power metal-fans. Hail and kill! // 8

More Manowar reviews rating latest review
+ Kings Of Metal MMXIV 5.9 03/05/2014