Welcome To The Danger Show Review

artist: Marc M Cogman date: 03/14/2007 category: compact discs
Marc M Cogman: Welcome To The Danger Show
Release Date: 2007
Genres: Rock
The album examines the nature of risk in the precarious undertaking of being an artist occupied in a damaging relationship where erratic emotions and infidelity are involved.
 5.4
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Welcome To The Danger Show Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 14, 2007

Sound: Welcome To The Danger Show is singer/songwriter Marc M. Cogman's first solo project. Cogman has been in several bands since the time he was 15, and has learned what it means to deliver an album filled with fresh sounds and incredible lyrics. Cogman studied music at the Berklee College Of Music in Boston, and poetry at Emerson College and USC, so it's no surprise he is able to create such a wonderful product that truly showcases his talents. // 9

Lyrics: His ability to write lyrics in a way that people can identify with and produce, what he calls, an organic feel with the creation of music on the album is quite an accomplishment. Not only does he write his own lyrics and sing his own songs, Cogman also plays six different instruments on the CD including acoustic and electric guitar, hand percussion, glockenspiel, piano, and harmonica. // 10

Overall Impression: It's soulful and deep and has great lyrics that give the CD a very original feel. You can tell Marc studied poetry because the lyrics are beautifully written. The artists that influenced the style of this CD to possess an American sound and respect for open space are Wilco, Bob Dylan, Bright Eyes, Aimee Mann, Elliott Smith, and Mirah. Some of the songs that are my favorite are Lonely Lonely, I Can't Fix It and Run Like Hell. These songs describe the way I've felt after past relationships so well it's almost scary. These are my favorites from the album, but I could listen to the entire thing repetitively and not get tired of any of the songs. They are that good, I promise! I wouldn't change a thing about the album, unless I could ask for more tracks. I think the messages in the music are perfect for people of all ages who are open to being inspired by a fantastic artist who is also one of my new favorites. // 10

Comments