Tokyo Jukebox 2 Review

marty friedman: Tokyo Jukebox 2
Released: Sep 14, 2011
Genre: Progressive Rock/Metal, Shred
Label: Avex Trax
Marty Friedman's latest solo album "Tokyo Jukebox 2" is a very pepped up super charged album and suitably named cause you can sense the Japanese culture seeping out of it.
 7.9
 6.3
 9.4
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Tokyo Jukebox 2 Reviewed by: CoreyDanielsx, on january 12, 2012

Sound: Ok so this maybe on of my duller reviews but I still give credit where its due. Marty Friedman's latest solo album "Tokyo Jukebox 2" is a very pepped up super charged album and suitably named cause you can sense the Japanese culture seeping out of it, at times I felt like I was stuck in those Japanese video games back from the Sega Dreamcast days. All in all though the tone is great, the energy is there, Its definitely Not stuff from his Megadeth days but any real guitar fan should be able to respect it. // 7

Lyrics: This Is an Instrumental Album so this is not applicable. But I will give it a fair rating so that it don't mess with the overall rating. On a side note his lead playing is very melodic leaving little room for a singer and if there was one there it would Definitely Have to be a Japanese Singer in order for this to not sound completely off. // 5

Overall Impression: I could only compare this to music from Japanese movies and video games, it does have a metal edge but the fact that it will have you dreaming of anime cartoons while you drift into the music is a feeling you don't seem to shake from track to track. I have very mixed reviews on this album everything's there for me to add this to my favorites But yet after numerous listenings I just can't commit. I would definitely buy it again if I lost it but wouldn't be the first thing I bought. // 7

More Marty Friedman reviews rating latest review