Don't Let It Go To Waste Review

matt willis: Don't Let It Go To Waste
Release Date: Sep 5, 2006
Label: Mercury
Genres: Rock
Debut solo album from the former member of British AlternoPunk boy band Busted. Features the singles 'Up All Night' and 'Hey Kid'.
 8.6
 7.1
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Don't Let It Go To Waste Reviewed by: Sick_of_you, on january 05, 2007

Sound: Matt Willis shows his powerful song writing powers in this epic 11 track masterpiece of a pop record. After so many problems when Busted split Matt took a lot of time out rehab trying to get his life back on track again. This album shows so much passion and energy, and every song has that onfectious hook that you will hum along to in the car or just around the house, he has shocked and amazed me with the melodies he has produced on this album, wokring with A's frontman there is no shortage of a massive mouthful of pop anthems. Outstanding. // 10

Lyrics: Matt's lyrics are virtually the same as they were in Busted, but they are slightly more first person this time around, although we knew what he was capabe of when we heard 'Fake' and 'Better Than This' on 'A Present For Everyone' with Busted. Matt's tone of voice has many ranges, he can sing rock style melodies, because his voice is gritty and he can sing ballads with ease, he's shown he was just an important part of Busted than James or Charlie. Overall he's done us proud. // 10

Overall Impression: The album is amazing, Matt has certainly shown he's more than a short trousered popstar, he's much like a descendant from a Def Leppard record. His sound is unique and some of the songs on there are worthy of a No.1 single, especially 'Who You Gonna Run To' and 'Luxury' the structure of those songs need safety equiptment they are that dangerously addictive! every song is amazing especiall 'Me and your mother' after 'Falling Into You' it kicks in about 7:22 at the end and it's a Busted-esq song which brings back the memories of when Busted were around. I love everything about this album. I wouldn't lose it simple as that. // 10

Comments