So Tonight That I Might See Review

mazzy star: So Tonight That I Might See
Released: Sep 27, 1993
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Dream Pop
It remains the group's undisputed high point, mixing in plenty of variety among its tracks without losing sight of what made the group so special to begin with.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
So Tonight That I Might See Reviewed by: rob_acoustic, on february 28, 2005

Sound: The sound is very unigue and impressive, which is good music to relax to. The styles are almost a jazzy, slow, acoustic sound. The dub in some electric that sounds pretty good. The sound is almost too much of the same thing though. It is relaxing regardless. // 6

Lyrics: Lyrics, well they're very emotional and come from the heart and bellow of Hope Sandoval's (singer) feelings of heartbreak and demise. The lyrics to fit very well with the music surprisingly since the entire album is very slow paced. The singer's voice is one of a kind no one sounds like her and no one ever will. I like to hear it. It is drawn out and extends forever it seems like, but not in a high pitch. Her voice is beautiful like no one else's voice. Her voice sustains the same through the album though. It can get a little repetitive but I liked it. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, it is a good album. They released 3 albums and this one had the breakthrough "Fade Into You" which propelled the album into the Gold status in 1993. The album is now platium. The better songs include: Fade Into You, Five String Serenade, Blue Light, Into Dust, So That Tonight I Might See. Those songs are strong in melody. The album is a slow album and is consistent within itself. I would always have this album, because if you're sad or depressed it seems to help release it through your hearing of the songs. It isn't good summertime music though. At night it shines like it's daylight. // 8

Comments