Rust In Peace Live Review

9.7
 8.9
review (1) 49 comments vote for this album:
Rust In Peace Live Reviewed by: DethbyChocolate, on september 30, 2010

Sound: I love Megadeth, Rust in Peace being one of my favorite albums, so I had to buy the 20th anniversary live CD, where the band plays the album in its entirity. For those that couldn't attend any of the actual shows, the CD is the next best thing. You can clearly hear all of the intruments equally, as well as the sing-alongs from the audience. This CD also archives the reunion of Bassist, and Co-founder, Dave Eleffson. At one point, you can actually hear a fan yell, "Welcome Back!" // 10

Lyrics: Dave's vocals are as they are expected to be. Although he has aged quite a bit since the release of the original "Rust in Peace" album, he shows no sign of aging, vocal-wise. The back up vocals are also top-notch, examples being "Take No Prisoners," and "Tornado of Souls." // 9

Overall Impression: If you couldn't attend any of the R.I.P. anniversary shows, nor could you buy the DVD, the CD is a must have for the die-hard megadeth fan. From the start to finish, over all, I have no complaints. Although being at the actual show would be a million times better, the CD is great. Its well mixed, and well produced. The sound quality is great for a live CD. // 10

More Megadeth reviews rating latest review
+ Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! 8.7 06/06/2013