This War Will Last Forever Review

Mendeed: This War Will Last Forever
Release Date: Feb 6, 2006
Label: Rising
Genres: Metal
All in all, This War Will Last Foever won't reshape the rock world, in fact sometimes it is very boring but at least it creates a damn good racket when it feels like it.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 9.4
 8.9
 9.8
This War Will Last Forever Reviewed by: mullenmetal, on march 24, 2006

Sound: There is only one way too describe Mendeed's sound and that is metal as fuck. I got this album beacuase I heard them live supporting Trivium and they were amazing. From Dumbarton Scotland they make me proud as a Scotsman and a metal fan to say they are one of the best metal bands out there. The guitars (guitars by Steven Nixon and Steph Gildea) on this album are fresh and the riffs are original, the drummer's (Kevin W Matthews) beats are just of the highest quality. Singer/growler/screamer David Proctor has a mix between Dani Filth and Phil Anselmo which make a great result. Mendeed have all the thrash riffs the black metal vocals pinched harmonics and frantic pace which = awesomeness. The production is not of the highest quality but is still decent. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are deep full of words I don't even know the meaning of lol. David Proctor's skills range from average singing to top quality growling. The lyrics flow well with the guitars all the way through the album. // 9

Overall Impression: I would'nt say there is any other band that I've heard of that sound like Mendeed they have did something very different with metal and still kept it technical and brutal. 01. All That We Have Become (intro) - cool slow intro with bagpipes. 02. Beneath A Burning Sky - the defination of thrash metal really fast drums and guitar one of my favourite songs on the album. 03. Stand As One And Fight For Glory - awesome bouble bass pedal intro a complete metal song with cool riffs and impressive dual. 04. Remains Of The Day - starts of with a gospel choir lol but only lasts 4 seconds not one of my favourites but a still a good song. 05. Chapel Perilous - frantic intro quite a short song I think thats because of the pace but a still some awesome guitar skills. 06. The Mourning Aftermath - slow start but then bursts into a frantic song awesome and technical riffage one of my favourites. 07. Poisoned Hearts - cool drum intro its short sounds like a lot of the other songs on the album but the drums are great there is a really cool fast bit in it. 08. Withered And Torn - I love the intro too this song some great musicianship on this track. 09. Resurrecting Hope - sounds a lot like the rest of the album nothing much else to say. 10. For Blasphemy We Bleed - epic song with guest vocals from a dude from Kerrang! Dom Lawson meaningful lyrics good song. 11. The Reaper Waits - my favourite song on the album a bit too short but a great suprisingly catchy chorus love it. 12. The Black Death - stange intro bursts into a fast pace verse a melodic part I'm not a big fan of this song but it's ok. If it was stolen I would go crazy and then buy a new one if it were lost then I would search high and low for it. All in all this a good album and I see good things in the furure for Mendeed good luck to them. I urge any self respecting metal fan to purchase this album you will be surprised. // 8

This War Will Last Forever Reviewed by: burnxinxhell, on july 07, 2006

Sound: This new British band brings an incredible, fresh new sound to classic metal. They use huge riffs and intricate solos to create a sound unlike any other. I think a lot of work has gone into making this album. The recording itself is fairly good and the sound quality is great. An overall amzing album, each song is very different, there is not a single bad song on the CD. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are a bit strange because they are mostly about wars and battles so it is difficult to relate to them. The vocals are amazing, with singer dave proctor screaming throughout most of the song. he has a very raw, individual voice, but there are also slower, quieter parts to the songs, with singing. The lyrics go very well with the music, to create a bigger sound, they fit perfectly. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, it is a fantastic cd and I hope that mendeed go on to produce many more. My favorite track is definitely 'The Reaper Waits' because it was the first song I heard by mendeed and it's really catchy and there is some amazing guitaring. I also really like 'Beneath A Burning Sky' and 'The Black Death' and 'Remains Of The Day'. The intro track is a bit slow and boring, but does build up, and add to the atmosphere, so it does fit. I would definitely buy any other mendeed CDs. // 9

This War Will Last Forever Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 14, 2006

Sound: Mendeed have a unique sound. Never before had I heard such an amazing metal band. Their music is so brutal. The dual guitars are iron maiden style awesomeness, the drumming is absolutely amazing, when I saw mendeed live I didnt think he would actually be able to do them insanely fast blast beats and that incredible double bass patterns but he did them perfect. The vocals are really cool, sorta like Dani Filth but much better and with an old school metal edge. and the bassist does a good job with the vocals too, the harmonies and chorus's. // 10

Lyrics: I love mendeeds lyrics. Based around war and curruption it really makes the songs what they are. One of my fav lyrics is at the start of track 4 'Remains Of The Day', "Leeching on lifes crying vein, sucking out the passion and the dream" and the end of 'The Black Death', "Our love will bloom forever, our time will be forever, etc." // 9

Overall Impression: Best album I had heard in many years! Can't wait to see them again. If you into metal and you haven't got this album be very ashamed and burn yourself then buy it as soon as possible. // 10

More Mendeed reviews rating latest review
+ The Dead Live By Love 9.5 03/03/2007