Arson Is For Lovers Review

artist: Merit date: 03/10/2009 category: compact discs
Merit: Arson Is For Lovers
Released: 2008
Genre: Pop/Rock
Merit has made excellent songs and "Arson is for Lovers" fails to please.
 9.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Arson Is For Lovers Reviewed by: LilM-experiment, on march 10, 2009

Sound: Merit has made excellent songs and "Arson is for Lovers" fails to please. Merit's first album was "When We Fight", but their most recent album also offers music that most can say is good as a whole. Their song list includes : 01. Cut and Run 02. Fess Up 03. Arson is for lovers 04. Mourning dove 05. Hold Everything 06. Static and Satellites 07. Tour Memoir 08. Blue Bedroom 09. Bring us the Sun 10. Visible // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics fit the songs brilliantly and capture the mood that is trying to be pushed for, and the lyrics cooperate with the music pretty well too. The singer also is excellent at what she does and performs the song as she intended it. Merit makes their songs flow with the combination of their lyrics and their music. Although Merit is a generally unknown band, those who do know them almost always enjoy this combination that they're experienced at. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, Merit is as good if not better than most artists out there. My personal favorite songs from the album are, Hold Everything, Arson is for lovers, Cut and Run, and Mourning Dove. I love most of the songs on the album, the only thing that I don't like is that their best album was when we fight so we know what Merit is capable of and I'm sure that in their next album they can pull it off. If I ever lost the album, I would definitely get it again, it would be worth it. // 10

Comments