The Dark Review

metal church: The Dark
Release Date: 1987
Label: Elektra
Genres: Thrash, Heavy Metal, Speed Metal
Metal Church is a great traditional metal band, The Dark is a classic album.
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
The Dark Reviewed by: Rattlehead666, on november 03, 2005

Sound: This album is the follow-up to the self titled Metal Church but this one is way better. I like the intro riff to the song Psycho which is one of my favorite songs by Metal Church. Another great song on this album is Ton Of Bricks with the cool drum part. This album also has my all time favorite song by Metal Church which is Badlands. Every other song on this album is great to. // 10

Lyrics: I find the lyrics very interesting. I especially find them interesting in the song Badlands because to me it's about a guy who is stuck in a place where he can't get out but he wants to go to Heaven. The lyrics also fit the music perfectly especially in the song Battalions. I am also a big fan of the vocalist's vocals. // 10

Overall Impression: This is by far one of my favorite thrash metal albums. This is also my favorite Metal Church album. Metal Church is just as good as Testament, Overkill, Metallica, Megadeth or any other good thrash metal band. I dont hate anything about this album. I hope that I never lost this album because this album is well worth buying. // 10

More Metal Church reviews rating latest review