Hero Of The Day [Single] Review

metallica: Hero Of The Day [Single]
Release Date: 1996
Label: Elektra
Genres: Thrash, Speed Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock
"Hero Of The Day" is meant for hard rock fans, not metal heads.
 5.1
 7.1
review (1) 74 comments vote for this album:
Hero Of The Day [Single] Reviewed by: (...), on february 19, 2007

Sound: Hero Of The Day does not sound like the Metallica I know. The whole approach is different. And while the single includes a live Kill/Ride medley, these songs off their first two CDs do not even sound like classics anymore when played by Metallica. I mean they sound like different songs. Slower, more choppy, and I need not talk about James' recent voice change shall I? The medley contains Ride the Lightning, No Remorse, The Four Horsemen, Phantom Lord, Hit The Lights, and Fight Fire With Fire. Hero Of The Day is meant for hard rock fans, not metal heads. // 4

Lyrics: One word. Terrible. Yes, the lyrics do go good with the music, but how they are sung makes me want to go deaf. It seems to me that around the time of the Black Album, James got throat surgery or something. Yes James can sing on tune, but doesn't do even an average job with it. Uh, what am I listening to and what have you done with James? // 3

Overall Impression: The single doesn't compare to anything on this earth, in a bad way. I hate the vocals, guitars, and everything for that matter. If it was stolen, I seriously would not care. I was out at a store and saw it, and thought that I could add it to my CD collection. Yet I did not know what was in store for me when I put it in my CD player on the way home. I listened to it once that day, and once today just to remember how bad it was so I could tell you. // 2

More Metallica reviews rating latest review
+ Reload 7.8 04/14/2014