Six Feet Down Under Review

Label: Universal Music
 7.5
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Six Feet Down Under Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 29, 2011

Sound: The sound of this CD is definetly a letdown. I can see how they wouldn't have the crystal-clear quality of the Black Album on shows bootlegged by fans, but taking somewhat damaged songs and putting them on an EP I spent $20 on for eight tracks really upsets me. Anyway, Metallica is still Metallica and the songs still rock. // 4

Lyrics: James still has his signature growl, and the lyrics are obviously the same compared to what they are on the records, still amazing. His lyrical skills are great, but they cannot be captured to their fullest due to the album's poor recording quality. // 9

Overall Impression: This is still Metallica, the best band on Earth, but I think they could have given us better quality recordings. The most impressive songs are the most recently recorded ones, Fight Fire With Fire and Frantic. What I like about this album is that it still captures the brilliant way Metallica performs live. What I dislike about this album is, like mentioned above, the poor recording quality. If this were stolen or lost, I doubt I would replace it and if I wanted a live Metallica record, I would go for Live S**t or S&M. // 8

More Metallica reviews rating latest review
+ King Nothing [Single] 9.5 05/26/2014