Catch For Us The Foxes Review

mewithoutyou: Catch For Us The Foxes
Release Date: Oct 5, 2004
Label: Tooth & Nail
Genres: Christian Punk, Punk Revival, Post-Grunge
Catch for Us the Foxes, Mewithoutyou has delivered an album that both Christians and non-Christians will be able to relate to.
 8.8
 9.3
 8.2
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Catch For Us The Foxes Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 05, 2005

Sound: This is one of the major mellow bands. I read that these guys were post-hardcore so I figured I might like them, and I do, but they seem more like Coldplay with some fire in them. Don't let the Coldplay fool you because this CD will not put you to sleep or shouldn't. Everything is put together very well, some songs give of an old-school punk vibe like "January 1979." The recording sounds raw, but its done tastfully and very well. // 9

Lyrics: Ok the lyrics are based on the singers life and what he is dealing with. The lyrics are mildly cyriptic reminding me of project 86 type lyrics, but not to that extreme level of depth they have. The subject of suicide is brought up a few times, but he is just speaking about the moment of time, so don't let the suicide thing make you think they are emo becuase they are not. Speaking of speaking, that is how the lyrics are presented, the music is going and it is as if the "singer" is speaking to you rather then singing, but it is done well because most artists' vocals are easy to copy, but their vocals are unique to this band and this singer. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is great. I would recommend it to anyone really, because it is done well. "January 1979," "My Exit, Unfair," "Tie Me Up! Untie Me!" "Seven Sisters" and "Son Of A Widow" are some of my favorties. This album is a somewhat forgetable, yet very memorable. It's a type or artistic album. I would definatly get it again if it were stolen. // 9

More Mewithoutyou reviews rating latest review
+ Ten Stories 8.8 09/28/2012