It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright Review

mewithoutyou: It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright
Released: May 19, 2009
Genre: Indie rock / acoustic rock / folk rock / baroque pop / art rock
Label: Tooth & Nail
This album brought a new sound to mewithoutYou. It is influenced by folk and rock genres but truly creates a sound of its own.
 9.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright Reviewed by: Ponyexpress, on december 17, 2009

Sound: It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All A Dream! It's Alright is the fourth full-length studio album by mewithoutYou. It was released released on May 19, 2009. This album brought a new sound to mewithoutYou, unlike their previous somewhat heavier albums It's all crazy!~ It's all false! It's all a dream! It's alright brings a much happier sound to the table with songs like "Every Thought A Thought Of You", "The Fox The Cookie And The Crow", and "Goodbye I!". The Album is influenced by folk and rock genres but truly creates a sound of its own. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are some of the best lyrics I've ever heard. They are really deep, well written, and catchy. The singing could be improved. The singers voice is a little shaky and dry, but will grow on you with time. In a couple of songs "Allah Allah Allah" "Bullet To Binary Pt. two)" and "Every Thought A thought of you" he sings in Arabic which might have to do with the fact his mom believed Islam. He often sings about his faith, in "The Angel Of Death Came To David's Room" he uses the story of David in Bible to illustrate that we can die at any time "the angel of death came to david's room he said, "friend, it's time to go"' angel, no, I think you've come too soon it's not my time to go sorry friend, now put your hand in mine i'm sorry friend, now put your hand in mine but good angel, don't i get a warning sign before it's my time to go?" In "A Stick, A Carrot & String" he talks about the birth of Jesus, an appropriate song for Christmas, "the donkey whispered in his ear 'child, in 30-some-odd years you'll ride someone who looks like me untriumphantly'" is a reference to the Bible. My favorite song called "The King Beetle On A Coconut Estate" talks about creation "his majesty's hour at last is drawn nigh the elegant queen took her leave from his side without understanding, but without asking why gathered their kids to come bid their goodbyes and the father explained, "you've been somewhat deceived, we've all called me your dad, but your true dad's not me I laid next to your mom and your forms were conceived your Father's the light within all that you see. he fills up the ponds as he empties the clouds holds without hands, and he speaks without sounds. he provides us with the cow's waste and coconuts to eat giving one that nice salt taste, and the other is sweet. sends the black carriage the day death shows its face thinning our numbers with kindness and grace and just as a flower and its fragrance are one, so must each of you and your Father become." It's talking about God there. Overall his lyrics are beautiful and some of my favorite. // 10

Overall Impression: It's really different from everything else it's like folk rock but unusually happy. It has all sorts of different instruments all played wonderfully such as xylophones, tubas, flutes but mainly guitars and drums. Neutral Milk Hotel and Bob Dylan are among the many influences on the album and it could be compared to either of them but neither would do it justice. My favorite songs are "The King Beetle on Coconut estate" and "Allah Allah Allah" both have wonderful instrumentals and deep lyrics. I love the lyrics most of all, but, some of the music is really great too. If I lost this album I would definitely get it again I listen to it a lot it's one of my favorites. // 9

More Mewithoutyou reviews rating latest review
+ Ten Stories 8.8 09/28/2012