No Boundaries Review

9.9
 9.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
No Boundaries Reviewed by: metalhead4344, on october 08, 2004

Sound: Mikey has a sound much in the same vein as technical (extremely technical) progressive rock or metal. Awesome guitar tone and dude he can play 2 necks at the same time. Overall this album is more than a lot of solos strung together, he can actually write songs based completely around instrumentals! Lots of sweep picking, tapping, artificial harmonics, time changes, dual guitar parts (he actually does play them at the same time on his double guitar). I'm not really sure how he gets the exact tone he does on this album (its kickass), but I do know he uses delay and a tubescreamer distortion pedal along with some amp and pickup modding. I'd give it a 10 if I could. // 10

Lyrics: Instrumentals only, but when you're this good vocals can only take away from the songs. He makes the guitar practically sing so I guess I'll give it a 5. // 10

Overall Impression: People will allways argue which virtuoso can play faster, is more technical, is more musical, is less of a dick (or more of one). But personally Michael's my favorite, he plays the kinda stuff I'm into and actually acted pretty nice when I met him at a clinic at a local music store. Seeing him live was awesome and I'd reccommend it to anyone who can get to a show. Great cd, too bad its so hard to find though, pretty much the only way you can get it is his website or he sells them at his clinics along with his instructional dvds. Pick it up, give it a try don't worry if you've never heard of him before, lol. Before I saw him live neither had I. // 10

More Michael Angelo reviews rating latest review