Greatest Hits 1985-1995 Review

michael bolton: Greatest Hits 1985-1995
Released: Sep 19, 1995
Genre: Rock
Styles: Adult Contemporary, Soft Rock
This 2 CD, 17-cut retrospective includes all the songs that catapulted him to mega-stardom and plenty of others that show him as just another sincere fool for love.
 7.2
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Greatest Hits 1985-1995 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 09, 2005

Sound: Normally, I'm a metal fan, but I honestly picked up this CD as a joke. I got it for 6 bucks at a used CD store, mainly as a joke, but when I listened to it, I was blown away. His lyrics, his music, and general sound are captivating, and even if you have a black, metal-loving heart, this CD is worth a try. His style is a soft to heavy love song type, similar to Elton John. Believe me, this is worth the money. // 10

Lyrics: Michael Bolton is an amazing singer, with a wide range of vocal talents. He can go from high-pitched to deep in any song, at anytime. Also, his more romantic songs feature a more quiet type of music, while some of his songs, "Steel Bars" in particular, have a heavier edge, with deeper, louder lyrics. Overall, he can match any song with his lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to alot of artists that I listen to, Michael Bolton is amazing. His voice goes everywhere, and his lyrics make you feel relaxed. It's a great stress reliever. Two of the most impressive songs are "Said I Loved You But I Lied" and "How Can We Be Lovers." Both these songs start of gentle, but go up to an amazing epic feel. I love the way his songs turned a metal fan into a Bolton fan, and how I can listen to his stuff after a long day and calm down. As with any CD, there's the songs you really don't want, and there's about 8 of them on this CD, which is kind of a bummer. Still, if I lost it, I'd buy another one in a heart beat. // 8

Comments