Call Me Irresponsible Review

michael buble: Call Me Irresponsible
Release Date: May 1, 2007
Label: 143/Reprise
Genres: Vocal Jazz, Adult Contemporary, Traditional Pop
It's no coincidence that Michael Buble's new album starts with just his voice and some fingersnaps on "The Best Is Yet to Come," a song made famous by Frank Sinatra.
 8.4
 7.7
 9.1
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Call Me Irresponsible Reviewed by: Art_Anna, on may 16, 2007

Sound: Micheal Buble gives us another nice jazzy album, but this time tries to vary the genres of music. He added some R&B-like songs, and the album also features some strong duets with Boyz II Men and Ivan Lins. It's good that he adds more variety to his music, though the jazzy songs on the album are still the best. But, as usual, there are also some covers on the album. 'L-O-V-E' and 'Me and Mrs. Jones' are both quite good songs, but Michaels versions don't add that much to the original songs. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are not very special, mostly about beeing in love. And as always, some songs are covered, so it wouldn't be that fair to review those as well. As I already said, Michael doesn't add much to the covers, and he could do better. He has great singing skills, so that is definitly not the problem. And because his voice is so nice to listen to, I forgive him the two covers, and the love-lyrics. // 7

Overall Impression: This is already Michael's 5th cd, but he isn't as big as you think he would be. Not beeing that famous doesn't mean he isn't good, because he is. I completly recommend this album, at least if you're a jazz-fan, or 'Rat Pack' fan. If you're not really into that sort of music, or never tried, I would recommend listening to 'Everything'. (Not too jazzy, so easy to get used to). The album is a bit too much like the first four ones, which is a tiny dissapointment. But I wouldn't like it if he suddenly changed his genre of music. So, thanks Michael, for another good album! // 8

More Michael Buble reviews rating latest review