Pennybridge Pioneers Review

millencolin: Pennybridge Pioneers
Released: Feb 22, 2000
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk Revival
Pennybridge Pioneers is one of Millencolin's most emotionally compelling works yet, largely dispensing with the ska-punk shadings of past releases.
 8.9
 8.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Pennybridge Pioneers Reviewed by: slipsoad928, on august 05, 2004

Sound: Well, while not the most innovative sound in the world, the sound is still pretty cool. Erik Ohlsson and Mathias Farm definitely have there fair share of clever guitar licks. Bad Religions Brett Gurwitz contributes to the album as well with a guitar solo on the song Highway Donkey and he plays guitar and piano on The Ballad. // 8

Lyrics: Nikola Sarcevic has an awesome voice. He doesnt just whine like most pop punk bands out there today like Gay Charlotte, and Simple Plan. The lyrics on this album are excellent. There were songs I could relate to (No Cigar, Hellman, The Ballad) and there were song that had fun lyrics (most of the CD.) // 10

Overall Impression: If you asked me if this was my favorite Millencolin album I couldnt answer that because its the only one I've listened to, as of now. If this C.D. was stolen I would get a new one ASAP. If you are in a record store and see this CD pick it up. // 8

More Millencolin reviews rating latest review
+ Kingwood 9.2 11/07/2005