Kerosene Review

miranda lambert: Kerosene
Release Date: Mar 15, 2005
Label: Sony
Genres: Contemporary Country, Traditional Country, Country-Pop
Lambert authored or co-penned 11 of Kerosene's dozen tunes, but what she's really written is the first chapter in what may be a long, impressive career.
 9.1
 8.7
 9.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Kerosene Reviewed by: DarkDallasNight, on march 07, 2007

Sound: I brought this album after hearing the two songs Kerosene and New Strings and I was actually pretty disappointed with the album. Do not get me wrong, Miranda Lambert is very talented and she was great on Nashville Star but the album did not meet up to my expectations. This album is truly a country album but it lacked the sound that I was hoping she was going to bring to the album. Most of the songs on the album are not as catchy as Kerosene and some of the songs were down right depressing. However, her vocal delivery on this album is amazing and I was extremely impressed by the fact she delivered such a strong voice in the album. // 9

Lyrics: As I have already mentioned before, Miranda's vocal abilities are second to none. Some have compared her voice to those acts such as Dolly Patron but I say that Miranda's voice is 10x as good. The lyrics are well developed considering that Miranda is 21 or so years old and you're not find any songs on the album that are poorly written. Miranda is truly an inspiration to those who are looking to become a country singer and she is one of the best acts to come Texas that I have noticed in the last few years. // 9

Overall Impression: I cannot compare this album to any other artists because this is a pretty unique album with a very unique sound. My favorite songs are "Kerosene" and "New Strings" but I liked some of the other songs as well. The CD jacket is sweet and she'd really pretty. If this were to be stolen, I would buy another one just because of the fact that I really like the songs "Kerosene" and New Strings but I would probably buy it used since I did not like too much of the album. One last con is that she doesn't play the guitar on any of the recordings but merely live and that was really diasppointing. Nevertheless, this album is great if you truly love country and I would recommend it. // 8

More Miranda Lambert reviews rating latest review