American Psycho Review

misfits: American Psycho
Released: May 13, 1997
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hardcore Punk
Majority of American Psycho is simply labored and uninvolving and, in that respect, it's no different than most reunion albums.
 8.2
 7.4
American Psycho Reviewed by: Jim Danzig, on march 23, 2004

Sound: This is the re-formed Misfits, not the originals. This album sounds alot more clean than that of the 1970's Glenn Danzig era. Michale Graves voice is superb on this album, strong and powerful he blasts his voice out on every song. He is a very underated vocalist reason being because everyone loved Danzig, not to say Graves doesnt have fans because he has ALOT! Moving on to the guitars, Doyles riffs are short and VERY sweet in most of these songs while being very strong and heavy, and Jeryy Onlys bass being loud and riddled with distortion. Dr Chuds fast and powerful drum beats helps set the energy for these song. Excellent. // 10

Lyrics: The Misfits have never exactly been serious about there lyrics being a horror/punk metal band, so all of there songs are based on horror movies. Not the most inventive lyrics in the world, and some of the lyrics are so simple that they dont really mean anything. Anyone who has seen a horror movie can write a song for the Misfits. // 6

Overall Impression: This is a great album! Songs like The Hunger and Shining really get you pumping out your energy, whilst songs like Dig Up Her Bones and The Haunting just rock. A very underated album because of the fans of Danzig not moving on. Pretend thy arnt called the Misfits if you want because no matter what people say these songs do rock, and this is coming from a Danzig fan. // 10

American Psycho Reviewed by: john_dope, on december 04, 2006

Sound: Great sound! This CD has much better sound quality than thier other ones. The record is as punk as can be, it lasts about 30 minutes including the hidden track at the end. The strings used by Jerry and Doyle sound excellent, they sound so heavy, like the ones used in metal bands. Dr. Chud does some cool changes in rythm that go with the song, specially in "American Psycho". // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics still have that Misfit-style of being about terror movies, I love that. Even though they don't make sense in some songs, you forget about it with Michale Graves singing, that dude knows how to sing!, and with the classic harmonic choruses and "whoas". In some parts it felt like they were out of inspiration and kind of repeat the same frases in many of the songs. For this record, I recomend you to forget about the lyrics and use them as a poster instead (the booklet has a poster in one side and the lyrics in the other). // 8

Overall Impression: Excelent album! It changed my life (because it was my first Misfits album). The other Misfits albums where a little more creative, but the sound is much better in this one. The songs are great, all of them, but my favorite 3 are Dig Up Her Bones, American Psycho, Resurrection. What I love about this album is that all of the songs are good. It never gets boring, I have had it for a year now, and it still doesn't bore me. It has a poster!, that's great. I couldn't possibly hate anything bout it. If it was stolen from me, I would definitly buy it again (or kick the person who stole it from me's ass). // 10

More Misfits reviews rating latest review
+ DEA.D. Alive! 6.3 02/06/2013