Famous Monsters Review

misfits: Famous Monsters
Released: Oct 5, 1999
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hardcore Punk
Though some would say that the Misfits just aren't the Misfits without the fiendish Glenn Danzig fronting them, Famous Monsters seems to indicate otherwise.
 8.7
 7.4
review (1) 20 comments vote for this album:
Famous Monsters Reviewed by: super666fender, on february 21, 2005

Sound: This I think is the Misfits best album. Although it moves away from their old horror punk roots a bit in the first few tracks. The drumming gives it a nice warm feel to the whole CD, but the soud the guitars deliver is buitiful. Although I'm more of a metal guy, Misfits is my favourite band, and the sound they have is very nice. Warm, and punchy. The work on it is simply yet effective. From scream to fiend without a face, this cd is killer. A must have fro any misfit fan. // 10

Lyrics: Micheal graves voice really shines in this CD. Fluent throughout all the recordings. The voice travels nicely along with the guitar lines. Great story in Helena about him cutting up his girlfrind and sh--t, and Scream. // 10

Overall Impression: This I think is better than the american psycho CD, but psycho is none the less excellent. Personally I think that the best songs off this CD are Helena, Scream and Dust To Dust. Theres nothiong I hate abou thsi except what the hell does it say at the beginning of track 8, "how bout a new...?" If this was stolen, as soon as I had the cash that is, then I'd go buy it agin. Then agin, I'd do that if any of Misfits' CDs were stolen. // 10

More Misfits reviews rating latest review
+ DEA.D. Alive! 6.3 02/06/2013