Legacy Of Brutality Review

misfits: Legacy Of Brutality
Released: 1985
Genre: Rock
Styles: American Underground, Hardcore Punk
Legacy Of Brutality compiles a variety of Misfits rarities and outtakes, including the entire unissued portion of the band's unreleased 1978 debut, Static Age.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.4
 9.2
 9.5
Legacy Of Brutality Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 09, 2004

Sound: The sound of this album is like the other, muddy, dirty, and alittle noisey. What I mean is that sometime you can't hear the guitar or the bass, or Danzig. This album has song on the lost, but release, Static Age recrondings. Theses are really the demos of the songs. But hey, it's my first misfits cd and I loved it. // 8

Lyrics: Horror Movie and punk doesn't get any better than this my friend. With songs like; "Spinal Remains", "Theme For A Jackal", and "American Nightmare" you will not be disapointed. And if you are a fan of halloween then you'll love the theme song of the holiday, same name. I never done this before so forgive me if this does not make right in your head. // 10

Overall Impression: I loved the cd, got for about $14.00 at best buy. Every song on this cd will have you in a state of bliss or keep you from killing someone. This the most punk I heard in a while. I loved the "American Night", Danzig sound like Elvis. I has a mad that Die Die My Darling was not on this cd, all well. And another thing is that it ends to soon. If it was losted then I would get both greatest hit album. You would be paiding more but you would also get all the song off the album. // 10

Legacy Of Brutality Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 25, 2006

Sound: The Misfits have a unique punkish sound. The guitar work on Legacy Of Brutality is simple but it's punk so who cares right? The guitars sound really fuzzy at times and you can almost never hear the bass because of the poor production. The drums also are simple but they manage to keep the rhythm just like they should. This album is basicly unreleased tracks from the Static Age era in the early '80s so that's why production is poor but this is the Misfits what do you expect? // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are awesome. This is horror punk in it's ugliest form (I mean that in a good way). Danzig has a Elvis-ish voice especialy on the 13th track American Nightmare. In my opinion he is better than the second singer Michael Graves and much better than the current singer and the last founding member, Jerry Only. The lyrics are about TV taking over our lives, hate, Halloween and gore. I love the Woah woah woah woah woah woahs on Some Kinda Hate which is my favourite song. // 9

Overall Impression: This album is worth buying. I got it from Best Buy and I thought it was a little expensive for only 25 or so minutes of material but I was worth it. The Misfits are my favourite punk band now so I'm glad I did buy it. The best songs are Halloween, American Nightmare, Some Kinda Hate an Hybrid Moments. Get this CD or other ones with Glenn Danzig on vocals. Only get American Pysco from the Michael Graves years. I wouldn't even bother with Jerry Only on vocals, Jerry only should probably just end it. How many singer changes can you go through? If this CD were lost or stolen I wouldn't really care because I have all the songs on my computer on media player and I have all the songs on my mp3 player. If you are just getting in to them I would probably get the best of CDs but never the less this album rocks! // 10

More Misfits reviews rating latest review
+ DEA.D. Alive! 6.3 02/06/2013