Project 1950 Review

misfits: Project 1950
Released: Jul 29, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Garage Punk, Punk Revival
The album is really enjoyable in a nostalgia sort of way ? it's most interesting for being nostalgic both for rock & roll's birth and its punk rock adolescence.
 6.5
 7.3
 5.7
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Project 1950 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 27, 2004

Sound: I'm like most Misfits fans thought Vocal didn't get better then Danzig. Michael Graves was there. They weren't better then Danzig but is definitely equal. And I thought the Misfits were thru when Graves and Mr. Chubs left. That was it. It's hard to replace vocals on a band once let alone twice. But my friends there is hope. The Misfits once again reincarnated in a different body have come back and kick equally much ass as the first 2 times. Jerry Only is now on vocals and bass, I seriously didn't expect him to do vocals as well as he does, but he still fall short of Danzig and Graves. Dez from Black Flag has joined up as well for guitar, with a couple of sweet solos. And last but definitely not least Marky Ramone of The Ramones has joined up and kicks ass at drums. All in All probably the best line up for Misfits yet. // 8

Lyrics: Lyrics unfortunately are not theirs. The song is all 1950 Cover songs. But Jerry only delivers them stunningly. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall impression is this probably the best Misfits album to come out since Static Age in my opinion. I would have enjoyed a CD of actual songs rather then 1950's Covers. But I find Great Balls Of Fire and This Magic Moment are great on all counts. While songs like Runaway and You Belong To Me fall a bit short. Overall this definitely one of the best Albums yet. Along with the Best line up of musicians. // 8

More Misfits reviews rating latest review
+ DEA.D. Alive! 6.3 02/06/2013