Static Age Review

misfits: Static Age
Released: Oct 31, 1995
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hardcore Punk
Static Age shows that early on the Misfits' particular vision was strong enough to last over a full-vinyl set.
 8.1
 8.7
 7.5
Static Age Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 15, 2005

Sound: Back when the Misfits were first starting out, they had a deal with Caroline Records to make a album, the down side was that they had to do it during the "Graveyard Shift." Because they already played the song so, so many times before making the album, it did not take them long to do the album. Then Caroline pulled the plug and the tapes lost. The songs recorded were put on different EP's and the Legacy Of Brutality album. Then in 1995 the lost tapes were found and so the long waited Static Age album was release. Now with that history lesson out of the way, let get started. If you have or have heard the Legacy Of Brutality album, this is the same album but way better sounding. Most of the songs from "LOB" like "TV Casualty," "Angelfuck," and "Hybrid Moments" appear on this album along with new songs like "We Are 138," "Return of The Fly" and "In The Doorway." If you are a Misfits fan, you should get this album. Sound is pop-punk, and horror-rock, along with "Bullet," about the JFK shooting. Ilove this album and so will you. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are great, you can hear Danzig voice clearly and the bass sounds awsome. You have the song "Last Caress" about killing your baby and raping your mother. Then you have "Bullet" with is about the JKF shooting in Texas. And then "Attitude" where Danzig only wants to know, "what is with your fucking attitude." (I sang that song to a black girl and she f--king laugh). The lyrics are what help make the album work. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this album and I would buy another copy if mine is lost or stolen (God help the SOB who takes it because they will pay). I love the feeling of the album, horror and lots of it. This to me is the best album by The Misfits, and should be love and have by every Misfits' fan out there. And on one last note, at the end of the album, there are outakes from the making of the album. From Jerry bad playing to Danzig vioce going out, it's great. That what this album show's us is that they are human too. Anyway, get this album if it is out there. // 10

Static Age Reviewed by: 138HellHound, on august 14, 2006

Sound: This album is different from most of there other albums it has a more depressing sound and really shows how outrageous they can be for example in the song Last Caress the opening line is "I Got soming to say, I killed a baby today, and it doesn't matter much to me as long is it's dead." What cool about this album was that it was recorded sometime in 1978, but wasn't released until 1990 and that they recored it in only a half hour and it's still great it is clearly on the Misfits best albums. The Misfits used only a few styles in this album. They used a Harmonic style in Hybrid Moments and in Last Caress; they also strong, but play full sound in songs like Teenagers from Mars to name a few. The sound the Misfits use in this album is very Unique compared with other albums they released this clearly is one of there best albums. // 7

Lyrics: Their lyrics on this album are outrageous and clearly diffine the horror punk genre. I think that this isn't much of a stretch for the lyrics on this album, but the guitar sound changed a lot on this album. I think that Glen Danzig is the best vocalist the Misfits ever had and this album really shows that. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this is the best album they released in the years 1977-1983, but I don't own all of them so I'll just say this is the best album by them that I own. I chosing the best song on this album is hard because this album has a good collection of the hits on it, but I would have to say that my favorite is Last Caress. I love how outrageous the lyrics are on this album and the sound of some songs is just great like the song Attitude, but what could be better is the song Comeback it is a good song, but it kind of just keeps going after a while. If I lost this album or some one took it I would defiantly get a new copy of it that's how much I like this album. // 7

More Misfits reviews rating latest review
+ DEA.D. Alive! 6.3 02/06/2013