Formulas Fatal To The Flesh Review

8.4
 7.7
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Formulas Fatal To The Flesh Reviewed by: MetalNKS, on august 26, 2010

Sound: Morbid Angel keeps the classic Death Metal sound alive with deep growls and mixtures of fast and slow riffs on guitar. The drums are tough, and loud when they need to be. With Trey Azagthoth shredding as well as before, there aren't many reasons not to like this album. Morbid Angel, from what I can tell, plays music just to play music. They have fun doing it, and they tear it up enough to where it's OK if it's just fun. And knowing Morbid Angel, they always have something hidden in their albums. In this case, F being the 6th letter of the alphabet Formulas Fatal to the Flesh 666 It's hard not to like this album if you enjoy death metal, because it has the classic sound and insane solos. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics, although not entirely understandable, are great. They're distorted enough to where they sound rough and scratchy, but they're growls, instead of screams that so many bands use nowadays. The lyrics are mostly about the Ancient Ones, instead of Satanic themes. The singer can the vocals to match the song well, and he can do it well. // 7

Overall Impression: Compared to older albums, such as Domination, it isn't the greatest, but it still kicks your ass with it's metal structure. Some great songs are: 01. Chamber of Dis: Fast paced, loud, and a kick in the face the second it comes on. Fast vocals that keep pace with the music, blasting drums and alt. picking on the guitar, it's practically one of the definitions of death metal. 02. Covenant of Death: It's a long song, which some people don't have patience for, but it's worth it. It has a heavy high-low-high-low riff in the verses, and a fast solo right after the first verse, just to brag about it. I love that the songs can keep the same sound, but not sound similar. It's has a classic taste that I only wish bands had now. I dislike that some riffs (and solo parts) can be used more than once, but you can learn to get past it once you get into the song. I would definitely buy this album again if I lost it or if it were stolen. // 8

More Morbid Angel reviews rating latest review